Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sean8564
    • By Sean8564 15th Mar 17, 8:57 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sean8564
    0% ending at two different dates on 1 card
    • 15th Mar 17, 8:57 PM
    0% ending at two different dates on 1 card 15th Mar 17 at 8:57 PM
    Hello

Can't seem to find the answer to this. I transferred a balance to an MBNA credit card last May with 12 months... subsequently they offered me another 12 months in December so I transferred a different balance.

Therefore I have 50% of the balance due to end on 0% this May and 50% this December. How do balance transfers from this card work? Obviously I want to transfer the portion which is about to end soonest?

Stupid question no doubt.

Thanks
Page 1
    • molerat
    • By molerat 15th Mar 17, 9:05 PM
    • 16,468 Posts
    • 10,642 Thanks
    molerat
    • 15th Mar 17, 9:05 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 9:05 PM
    All payments go against the offer with the earliest start date. Everything you have paid since the May BT has gone against that (assuming no other transactions on the account) so the full Dec BT is still sitting there.

See para 4.2 of your T&Cs.
    Last edited by molerat; 15-03-2017 at 9:11 PM.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • cooltt
    • By cooltt 16th Mar 17, 12:08 PM
    • 547 Posts
    • 294 Thanks
    cooltt
    • 16th Mar 17, 12:08 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 12:08 PM
    Hello

Can't seem to find the answer to this. I transferred a balance to an MBNA credit card last May with 12 months... subsequently they offered me another 12 months in December so I transferred a different balance.

Therefore I have 50% of the balance due to end on 0% this May and 50% this December. How do balance transfers from this card work? Obviously I want to transfer the portion which is about to end soonest?

Stupid question no doubt.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Sean8564
    Oh my god, really?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,263Posts Today

7,997Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • A year of fighting to break the link between mental illness and money problems... https://t.co/LXgjxdv36O

• Today's twitter poll: Is Conservative pact with DUP necessary for stable govt during the crucial Brexit time, or should it've stayed alone?

• RT @thisismoney: First cash machine was used 50 years ago today: 50 facts you never knew about ATMs https://t.co/nh5kqb5Ml5

• Follow Martin