Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bafoons_sister
    • By bafoons_sister 15th Mar 17, 7:43 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    bafoons_sister
    Gladstones and CPM - Nearly 4 figure sum
    • 15th Mar 17, 7:43 PM
    Gladstones and CPM - Nearly 4 figure sum 15th Mar 17 at 7:43 PM
    Hello All,

I received one of those “You have previously been written by DRP on behalf of CPM” letters with the Gladstone’s letterhead (received a week after stated postage date) that are all over this forum. The only difference from those I’ve seen is that the amount they’re asking for is nearly 4 figures!!!

First off sorry for another one of these posts, but I’ve been scouring the forum for a few days and can’t find an answer to my query.

My dear brother accumulated these in an overcrowded residential underground carpark in west London and disposed of all subsequent correspondence, presumably so I wouldn’t see them. Now I have no idea what this damn number represents. As it's too late for any appeals, what I want is some kind of breakdown of this cost, especially as I’m scared there may be others.

I was going to call up the DRP number supplied but from reading the forum I understand that is a big NO NO so I’ll refrain from doing so. Is there anything else I can do to get to the bottom of this?

I Thank you guys kindly in advance
Page 1
    • bafoons_sister
    • By bafoons_sister 15th Mar 17, 7:46 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    bafoons_sister
    • 15th Mar 17, 7:46 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 7:46 PM
    Also at this stage I’m sure the LBC is inevitable due to the amount in question, until then I shall start scouring some more and working on an iron clad defence but is there nothing more I can do now? I know from other post and the newbie thread that the best thing to do is just ignore the debt collectors at this stage, even if they’re using the Gladstone’s letterhead, but just sitting on an amount this large is making my skin crawl.

Once again thanks in advance
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 15th Mar 17, 7:53 PM
    • 11,826 Posts
    • 18,035 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 15th Mar 17, 7:53 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 7:53 PM
    At this apparent late stage only a landowner cancellation is likely to kill this.

To whom does the letter require a response - DRP, Gladstones or CPM? If it's either of the latter two, treat as a LBCCC.

Who has any residential rights in the car park? What does the respective deeds/lease/AST Agreement say about parking there?
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • bafoons_sister
    • By bafoons_sister 15th Mar 17, 8:16 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    bafoons_sister
    • 15th Mar 17, 8:16 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 8:16 PM
    Thanks for the quick response

The letter asks for a response to DRP:

"As all other attempts have failed our client may now instruct us to take legal action against you. To prevent such action we invite you to make payment to DRP immediately..."

So I presume that is not a LBCCC. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'll have a read over the lease to see what it says in that respect.

The car park is for residents of the block above that have purchased a space with a few bays that have never been assigned.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 15th Mar 17, 8:28 PM
    • 13,585 Posts
    • 16,654 Thanks
    Redx
    • 15th Mar 17, 8:28 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 8:28 PM
    seems to be a DRP letter which can be ignored

check the BMPA zendesk for comparisons
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Mar 17, 8:33 PM
    • 44,276 Posts
    • 56,995 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th Mar 17, 8:33 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 8:33 PM
    Did you read the Prankster's summary of residential car parks, showing the case law you will need to be familiar with?

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/residential-parking.html

We will help you defend the inevitable claim; free advice from here with our usual sort of defence and robust Witness Statement, plus an informed defendant at the hearing, sees off Gladstones 99% of the time. The success rate on here and pepipoo is far higher than you will find anywhere for these defences, and it's free. We want you to win this and you can.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

396Posts Today

4,716Users online

Martin's Twitter