Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gtognola
    • By Gtognola 15th Mar 17, 8:09 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Gtognola
    Parking Eye PCN - 2 months later
    • 15th Mar 17, 8:09 PM
    Parking Eye PCN - 2 months later 15th Mar 17 at 8:09 PM
    Hello,

I have read through some of the threads on here any I am struggling to understand what my rights are! I received a parking charge notice through the post yesterday (14th March) for overstaying in a car park on the 13th January, 2 months ago!

My question is, is there a time limit on how long ParkingEye have to issue PCN's or am I clutching at straws?!

Would really appreciate any info anyone can give me! Thank you
Page 1
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 15th Mar 17, 8:13 PM
    • 7,172 Posts
    • 7,270 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 15th Mar 17, 8:13 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 8:13 PM
    if a ticket was placed on your car , a max of 56 days starting the day after the ticketing failure to comply would result in them not being to rely on POFA2012

unless it was a hire/loan car or the v5 was not at your address

is it your car and is the v5 registered correctly?
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
    • Gtognola
    • By Gtognola 15th Mar 17, 8:44 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Gtognola
    • 15th Mar 17, 8:44 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 8:44 PM
    Hi, there was no ticket placed on my car, I just got a Parking Charge Notice through the post.

Yes, the car is mine and v5 registered correctly...I'm aware I may be clutching at straws but just seems a long time before getting the notice!
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 15th Mar 17, 8:58 PM
    • 7,172 Posts
    • 7,270 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 15th Mar 17, 8:58 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 8:58 PM
    on the nice letter amongst the garbage is there a section that goes on about POFa2012 ? or does there seem to be a blank space where a paragraph could have been written

PS where was the location , what type of site?

see the paragraph , you are notified under section ,,, bla bla bla
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
    • Gtognola
    • By Gtognola 15th Mar 17, 9:19 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Gtognola
    • 15th Mar 17, 9:19 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 9:19 PM
    The letter has the same first three paragraphs as the one you have attached, but is missing the next bit, and states at the end:

"As we do not know the driver's current name or current postal address, if you were not the driver at this time, you should tell us the name and current postal address of the driver and pass this notice to them" even though the letter was addressed to me!

Please see attached picture. The site was an Asda car park in York, free for 3 hours.
    • Gtognola
    • By Gtognola 15th Mar 17, 9:26 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Gtognola
    • 15th Mar 17, 9:26 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 9:26 PM
    dropbox.com/s/k90h1upaqu2natb/File%2015-03-2017%2C%2021%2022%2037.jpeg?dl=0

It won't let me post an image as I'm a new user, so I've removed the https:// and the www.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Mar 17, 9:27 PM
    • 48,322 Posts
    • 61,785 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th Mar 17, 9:27 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 9:27 PM
    The letter has the same first three paragraphs as the one you have attached, but is missing the next bit, and states at the end:

"As we do not know the driver's current name or current postal address, if you were not the driver at this time, you should tell us the name and current postal address of the driver and pass this notice to them" even though the letter was addressed to me!
    Originally posted by Gtognola
    OK, does it match the 'blank space' PE PCN shown in post #3 of the thread you read before you posted: 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST'?

Is your car leased or hired/company car?

This is one you can't lose as long as you appeal as 'keeper' (or if a leased car you are: 'lessee/hirer'). Use the usual template from the NEWBIES thread.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Gtognola
    • By Gtognola 15th Mar 17, 10:17 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Gtognola
    • 15th Mar 17, 10:17 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 10:17 PM
    Sorry Coupon-mad, I'm struggling to see the example you have mentioned in your post - I've read through the Newbies post but I'm still very confused!

If the car was in the car park for longer than the 3 hours stated on the signs, would someone still be able to appeal? The car is not leased or hired/company car, I own it.

Is the usual template the "Template appeal for BPA members" one?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Mar 17, 10:27 PM
    • 48,322 Posts
    • 61,785 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th Mar 17, 10:27 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 10:27 PM
    Yes, the usual one, calling yourself the keeper.

The blank space version is linked in post #3 of the NEWBIES thread. The only PE PCN linked there - shows you the slam dunk winning version of a PE PCN which it sounds like you have got. The golden ticket!

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Gtognola
    • By Gtognola 15th Mar 17, 10:58 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Gtognola
    Ahh yes I see it now - that's exactly the same as the one I have received! Thank you so much!!

Am I also correct in thinking that under the Protection of Freedoms Act that is linked in the thread, they would have had to issue this PCN to me within 14 days in order for it to be valid, as there was no windscreen ticket?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Mar 17, 11:02 PM
    • 48,322 Posts
    • 61,785 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes indeed, and it's because they didn't serve it in time (and they know it) that that PE have used their 'Plan B' grotty version of a PCN, the one that we spit on (so to speak) at POPLA stage...you have the golden ticket as long as the driver is not divulged (hence the suggestion to use the NEWBIES thread template appeal, no more and no less. Stops people writing their own and implying who was driving).

Your lucky day!

• Gtognola
    • By Gtognola 15th Mar 17, 11:05 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Gtognola
    Fantastic, thank you so much for taking the time to explain this to me - really appreciate it
    • Gtognola
    • By Gtognola 30th Mar 17, 9:21 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Gtognola
    Hello, I have since received an email from ParkingEye saying my appeal with them has been unsuccessful, and giving me a POPLA ref (and a 14 further days discounted rate if I pay!). It states on the email that the reasons I can appeal are as follows:

1. My vehicle was stolen
    2. I was not improperly parked
    3. The amount requested on the parking charge is not correct
    4. I was not the driver or the registered keeper of the vehicle at the time of the alleged
    improper parking
    5. Extreme circumstance prevented me from parking correctly
    6. Other

My question is; can I appeal based on the fact that ParkingEye did not issue me the PCN until 2 months later? Or am I better just paying the discounted rate?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 31st Mar 17, 12:52 AM
    • 48,322 Posts
    • 61,785 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Have you not read any other PE POPLA theads yet (you need to read others) or have you missed post #3 of the NEWBIES thread?

Everyone gets that letter and no-one is restricted on how to appeal to POPLA.

The info is on other PE POPLA threads and in the NEWBIES thread post #3 already, where template appeal points are just waiting for you to piece them together.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

227Posts Today

1,633Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin