Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • shack69
    • By shack69 15th Mar 17, 7:41 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    shack69
    natiowide refer a friend
    • 15th Mar 17, 7:41 PM
    natiowide refer a friend 15th Mar 17 at 7:41 PM
    My wife currently has a nationwide current account and I am thinking of moving my current account from santander to the flexplus account for the benefits. The thing is i already have other accounts with the nationwide. So my question is does anyone know if we would still be eligible for the refer a friend bonus.
Page 1
    • soulsaver
    • By soulsaver 15th Mar 17, 8:14 PM
    • 1,343 Posts
    • 449 Thanks
    soulsaver
    • 15th Mar 17, 8:14 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 8:14 PM
    Yes, as long as you've not had the incentive before.
    There are 24 bottles of beer in a crate. There are 24 hours in a day. Coincidence? I think not....
    • youngretired
    • By youngretired 15th Mar 17, 8:23 PM
    • 104 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    youngretired
    • 15th Mar 17, 8:23 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 8:23 PM
    In the FAQ's it states that "YES If your friend has a Nationwide current account but they use an account held with another provider as their main transactional account (for example having their salary paid in or bills paid from), they can complete a full Current Account Switch, transferring at least 2 Direct Debits across to us (the Direct Debits must be transferred as part of the switch, not transferred afterwards)".

So as long as you have never received the incentive before and you don't hold more than 3 Nationwide current accounts already then you should be entitled to the £200.
    • Rich2808
    • By Rich2808 15th Mar 17, 9:28 PM
    • 478 Posts
    • 385 Thanks
    Rich2808
    • 15th Mar 17, 9:28 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 9:28 PM
    I don't actually see anything in the terms and conditions that explicitly says you cannot receive the £100 if you have received a switching incentive before? Merely you only get one incentive payment even if you switch more than one account following your recommendation?

'The recommended friend will only be entitled to receive one payment for being recommended even if they switch more than one account to us or are recommended by more than one person.'

It does say this in relation to already having a NW current account.

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/our-current-accounts/recommend-a-friend-tab#xtab:can-i-recommend-someone-who-already-has-a-nationwide-current-account

'If your friend has a Nationwide current account but they use an account held with another provider as their main transactional account (for example having their salary paid in or bills paid from), they can complete a full Current Account Switch, transferring at least 2 Direct Debits across to us (the Direct Debits must be transferred as part of the switch, not transferred afterwards)'
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,727Posts Today

6,297Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin