Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sunshinekitten
    • By Sunshinekitten 15th Mar 17, 5:56 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sunshinekitten
    Had PPI but can't go to Ombudsman
    • 15th Mar 17, 5:56 PM
    Had PPI but can't go to Ombudsman 15th Mar 17 at 5:56 PM
    I used a company to try and claim my PPI as I have had PPI since 1997 until last year! However Santander refused my PPI claim and the company I was using to claim my PPI told me I could not go to the Ombudsman because Santander were not regulated at the time I took out the PPI, has anyone had a similar experience?
Page 2
    • Sunshinekitten
    • By Sunshinekitten 16th Mar 17, 8:04 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sunshinekitten
    OK fair enough, but Sanatander said i could have taken it to the Ombudsman the reason I didn't was because the claims comapny told me I couldn't becuaseSantander/Abbey were not regulated when I took out the PPI and now the 6 months has long passed. Therefore \ assume Pleavin is not viable either?
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 16th Mar 17, 8:07 PM
    • 19,510 Posts
    • 9,603 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    now the 6 months has long passed.
    Originally posted by Sunshinekitten
    You've left it far too late then.
    assume Pleavin is not viable either?
    Originally posted by Sunshinekitten
    Plevin may well still apply, but don't hold your breath...
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 16th Mar 17, 8:43 PM
    • 89,852 Posts
    • 55,447 Thanks
    dunstonh
    the thing is I worked for the NHS at the time and I had been with them since 1992 so if made redundant I would have got a good pay out.
    That is irrelevant. Remember this is MPPI you are talking about. Not PPI. Short term debts covered by PPI can have more success with working for the Govt and its very generous sick pay. However, MPPI covers long term secure debts. The FOS has been rejecting teachers, nurses, civil servants etc with 12 months sick pay when it comes to MPPI given the more important nature of the debt.

Equally my Mum had been diagnosed with breast cancer in 1999 and Abbey had told when I got the mortgage I would not be able to get critical illness cover because of this, at the time I was outraged, I already had a critical illness policy with them which had to kept at the balance of my previous mortgage as they said because my Mum had been diagnosed it could herididtory.
    CIC specifically has a question about hereditary issues as its covering that sort of thing. This would not apply to MPPI. So, no problem there.

Therefore \ assume Pleavin is not viable either?
    Plevin is not expected to impact on most MPPI. You will have to wait and see.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

225Posts Today

1,730Users online

Martin's Twitter