Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Krob
    • By Krob 15th Mar 17, 5:39 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Krob
    How long should I expect to wait?
    • 15th Mar 17, 5:39 PM
    How long should I expect to wait? 15th Mar 17 at 5:39 PM
    Hello All,

My husband and I are buying our first home. It is a chain-free affair and all seemed to be going well - we had our offer accepted, mortgage approved and searches back all within a few weeks.
    However, it has now been about three weeks that we have been waiting for responses to our solicitors enquiries. Apparently one has been referred to the developer. I don't really understand this as the house was built ten years ago and has solid twice since then, but the paperwork relates to the carport, and we are stuck at the mercy of the developer, who so far has not got back to anybody in the past 2 and a half weeks.
    Has anybody experienced anything similar? Is there anything that can be done to speed things along?
    Thank you for taking the time to read this. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
Page 1
    • Slinky
    • By Slinky 15th Mar 17, 5:44 PM
    • 4,220 Posts
    • 17,229 Thanks
    Slinky
    • 15th Mar 17, 5:44 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 5:44 PM
    What is the query on the carport?

Can you be creative at all to find the answer? We offered on a house (but were outbid, but we'd downloaded the title documents to check to see if there was anything we didn't like the look of) where there were some covenants referred to in the deeds, but apparently those covenants were missing when the property was first registered, so these could have caused some questions. We downloaded the title document of the adjoining house and worked out that the covenants were to do with right of light and air.

Google can be your friend, as can the planning portal at the local council.
    • Hedgehog99
    • By Hedgehog99 15th Mar 17, 8:23 PM
    • 1,175 Posts
    • 2,450 Thanks
    Hedgehog99
    • 15th Mar 17, 8:23 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 8:23 PM
    I've had to wait for things that "would be here tomorrow" that then take three or more weeks. Just when you think that is the last thing you're waiting for, when they've received whatever that was, they'll think of something else.

Just be getting on with, and making sure your solicitor is getting on with, whatever else you can be doing in the mean time.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,990Posts Today

6,716Users online

Martin's Twitter