Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jondav
    • By jondav 15th Mar 17, 4:34 PM
    • 550Posts
    • 367Thanks
    jondav
    Some awful people on here, it needs updating
    • 15th Mar 17, 4:34 PM
    Some awful people on here, it needs updating 15th Mar 17 at 4:34 PM
    Just my opinion but this site is over-run by the "regulars" who think that they have some sort of right to bully new users.

I can't count the amount of times that a newish poster has been jumped on and hounded off these boards by these so-called "regulars", who make assumptions and post terribly nasty and judgemental comments.

It needs a big shake up and these people need to accept that they do not run the boards, they are simply posters like everyone else.
Page 1
    • cavework
    • By cavework 15th Mar 17, 5:23 PM
    • 1,906 Posts
    • 2,768 Thanks
    cavework
    • 15th Mar 17, 5:23 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 5:23 PM
    jondav,
    really sorry you feel like this.
    TBH I have been on these boards for over 10 years and trust me there are a lot of regulars that do not operate in this manner. Most are happy to give advice on questions they have probably heard many many times without feeling the need to score a point or a like.
    I have just been on the receiving end of a reply by someone who thinks a thread I posted is ...let's just say 'male cow dung 'In my mind this says more about the person replying than it does about me ;-)
    Keep posting and I promise those that post smug judgemental comments with no value do not look clever at all and their replies are usually ignored by most of the people on here be they old or new members
    • jondav
    • By jondav 16th Mar 17, 8:04 AM
    • 550 Posts
    • 367 Thanks
    jondav
    • 16th Mar 17, 8:04 AM
    • 16th Mar 17, 8:04 AM
    jondav,
    really sorry you feel like this.
    TBH I have been on these boards for over 10 years and trust me there are a lot of regulars that do not operate in this manner. Most are happy to give advice on questions they have probably heard many many times without feeling the need to score a point or a like.
    I have just been on the receiving end of a reply by someone who thinks a thread I posted is ...let's just say 'male cow dung 'In my mind this says more about the person replying than it does about me ;-)
    Keep posting and I promise those that post smug judgemental comments with no value do not look clever at all and their replies are usually ignored by most of the people on here be they old or new members
    Originally posted by cavework
    I do agree with you, some of the advice I have taken from this site has been invaluable and is always appreciated. It's just a small number of names that I see cropping up time and time again doing the same thing.

Why aren't the moderators and board guides more strict with these people? Because IMO these people are the ones that should know better.....but clearly are allowed to get away with it because they are "long term users".

It doesn't bother me personally, I'm thick-skinned and just ignore it but there are many vulnerable and desperate people (which is obvious from their posts) that come here for advice, that are driven away by these people and that should be stopped, again IMO.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,643Posts Today

9,602Users online

Martin's Twitter