Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bath cube
    • By Bath cube 15th Mar 17, 3:36 PM
    • 86Posts
    • 60Thanks
    Bath cube
    How to wipe personal info from a phone before selling it
    • 15th Mar 17, 3:36 PM
    How to wipe personal info from a phone before selling it 15th Mar 17 at 3:36 PM
    I'm looking for advice on how to wipe my personal info and browsing and password history from a galaxy 5. I'm getting the newer model as my phone company told me I can upgrade with no more cost than I'm paying on contract now. Vodafone let you have an upgrade when the two years are up apparently which is good. I'm going to give my old phone to a friend who lost their I phone but wasn't covered for loss and can't have a replacement from their phone provider until November unless they pay over four hundred. What do I have to do to clear my phone of personal info before I hand it over?.
Page 1
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 15th Mar 17, 3:40 PM
    • 7,172 Posts
    • 7,269 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 15th Mar 17, 3:40 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 3:40 PM
    remove memory card if fitted , do a full factory reset and make new user sign in with there google account NOT YOU or YOURS , if you sign back in with yours it will refresh a lot of info and settings
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
    • Madbags
    • By Madbags 15th Mar 17, 3:46 PM
    • 168 Posts
    • 101 Thanks
    Madbags
    • 15th Mar 17, 3:46 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 3:46 PM
    I know you're selling to a friend and not to some website who sends it on to a random country but if you have access to a PC/Laptop a lot of these websites will have "Data Delete" tools.

https://www.mazumamobile.com/mobile-data-delete-tool/

The above is an example.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 15th Mar 17, 4:22 PM
    • 7,172 Posts
    • 7,269 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 15th Mar 17, 4:22 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 4:22 PM
    I know you're selling to a friend and not to some website who sends it on to a random country but if you have access to a PC/Laptop a lot of these websites will have "Data Delete" tools.

https://www.mazumamobile.com/mobile-data-delete-tool/

The above is an example.
    Originally posted by Madbags

tools?

instructions by email

Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F

Factory Data Reset (Resets handset and erases all data)

Switch handset on
    From main home screen, tap Apps icon
    Tap Settings
    Tap Backup and reset
    Tap Factory data reset
    Tap Reset device*
    Tap Erase everything
    Device will switch off and restart. This may take a few minutes.
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
    • harrys dad
    • By harrys dad 16th Mar 17, 8:40 AM
    • 1,791 Posts
    • 1,997 Thanks
    harrys dad
    • 16th Mar 17, 8:40 AM
    • 16th Mar 17, 8:40 AM
    Why not keep your phone and move to a SIM only deal? Your current deal over two years included a huge amount to buy the phone. Yes you can "get a new phone for no more than you are paying now" but all you are actually doing is buying a new phone having spent two years buying the old one. "Free upgrade" is just a con to persuade you to buy a new phone every two years.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 16th Mar 17, 8:49 AM
    • 2,753 Posts
    • 2,774 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 16th Mar 17, 8:49 AM
    • 16th Mar 17, 8:49 AM
    I'm having a weird sense of deja vu here ... this thread is almost identical to one I've seen previously, quite some time ago.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • harrys dad
    • By harrys dad 16th Mar 17, 9:08 AM
    • 1,791 Posts
    • 1,997 Thanks
    harrys dad
    • 16th Mar 17, 9:08 AM
    • 16th Mar 17, 9:08 AM
    I'm having a weird sense of deja vu here ... this thread is almost identical to one I've seen previously, quite some time ago.
    Originally posted by DoaM
    it comes up every two years at "free upgrade" time
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,635Posts Today

5,109Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin