Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • r0wly86
    • By r0wly86 15th Mar 17, 12:45 PM
    • 16Posts
    • 5Thanks
    r0wly86
    IAS and Gladstones
    • 15th Mar 17, 12:45 PM
    IAS and Gladstones 15th Mar 17 at 12:45 PM
    I'm currently fighting a PCN I got for parking in my own space with a loan car (no permit) as my car was in the garage.

Fighting on the grounds of primacy of contract with the tenancy agrrement and throwing in Moncrief v Jaimison in for good measure, but that's by the by.

The PPC involved is a member of the IPC and to appeal their decision I hve to go to the IAS. After researching them I will not be doing it as the posts on the IAS are pretty damning.

But what I have found is that the IPC, IAS and Gladstones Solicitors were all set up by the same people and have the same directors.

It also seems that if an IAS appeal fails then more often than not it is Gladstones that starts the efforts of recovering the monies and threatening court action and in some cases sending down legal representatives if the case goes to court.

As Gladstones and therefore the directors make more money if an appeal fails and it goes down the court route, surely it must be a conflict of interest for them to also be the directors of the IAS as they must have an influence on the way the business is run and could influence the outcome of the appeals, especially as the person determining the appeal is kept confidential and cannot be scrutinised.

How can this be not only allowed to happen but for them to get accredited status, it reeks of a company legally being allowed to fleece the public.
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 15th Mar 17, 12:52 PM
    • 15,005 Posts
    • 23,583 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 15th Mar 17, 12:52 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 12:52 PM
    Got it in one. This forum, PePiPoo and The Parking Prankster have been making the points you raise ever since this set-up first stole oxygen.

Write to Theresa May, to your MP, to Marcus Jones of the DCLG and to Chris Grayling Transport Minister. Add in your local Trading Standards, the Solicitors Regulation Authority and the DVLA for good measure.

While gums are bumped to the point of bleeding on the forums, it is the only above array who have any authority to get this appalling situation changed.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 15th Mar 17, 2:33 PM
    • 6,183 Posts
    • 7,915 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 15th Mar 17, 2:33 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 2:33 PM
    Will Hurley and John Davies ... AKA .. IPC/IAS/GLADSTONES, will
    probably go down in history as incompetent solicitors who conned the British Government into believing they would make a good ATA,

They still continue to con Marcus Jones MP of the DCLG
    Maybe as many think, Marcus Jones approves of this mega scam
    and should be kicked into touch by Mrs May or just downgrading him to a bog standard MP with no power

Right now, Marcus Jones MP needs to be investigated
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

133Posts Today

2,323Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin