Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarasa
    • By sarasa 15th Mar 17, 11:24 AM
    • 10Posts
    • 0Thanks
    sarasa
    0 WOW
    Mosquitoes menace on Indigoís flight
    • 15th Mar 17, 11:24 AM
    0 WOW
    Mosquitoes menace on Indigoís flight 15th Mar 17 at 11:24 AM
    Search the video of the Mosquito menace on Indigoís flight number labeled as LKO-PAT-CCU / 6E-342 / occurred on 19th February 2017.

I want to tell you all that not only this is true about the inflight menace happened in Indigo aircraft, but I was among the passengers in the flight. As soon we entered the aircraft some strange smell was coming out. In a matter of few minutes to the worst of my nightmare saw mosquitos in the flight hovering above heads of passengers and the intensity grew further as the all Pax entered.

There were two passengers who were really disturbed with the mosquitos. They objected this with the crew. Instead of getting an appropriate response what they received was a bad response from crew members. Later the two Pax were forcefully offloaded for protesting this at PAT Airport.
Page 2
    • pendragon_arther
    • By pendragon_arther 20th Mar 17, 9:29 AM
    • 1,210 Posts
    • 1,342 Thanks
    pendragon_arther
    Out of interest, what do you expect them to do about it? Do you have any suggestions how they could prevent the mozzies from getting into the plane?
    Originally posted by bap98189
    Yes. Make sure their passports are up to date and they have a boarding pass. Simples.
    ďLearn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.Ē
    ― Groucho Marx
    • sarasa
    • By sarasa 20th Mar 17, 10:07 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sarasa
    Out of interest, what do you expect them to do about it? Do you have any suggestions how they could prevent the mozzies from getting into the plane?
    Well they can do it before..they will not take less money for the tickets they providing then Why i will take less services on the price i already paid to them.
    • mgdavid
    • By mgdavid 20th Mar 17, 6:37 PM
    • 5,202 Posts
    • 4,363 Thanks
    mgdavid
    Well they can do it before..they will not take less money for the tickets they providing then Why i will take less services on the price i already paid to them.
    Originally posted by sarasa
    Do you really think that the flight of one or more mosquitos can be controlled by an airline or an airport?
    A salary slave no more.....
    • shaun from Africa
    • By shaun from Africa 21st Mar 17, 4:16 AM
    • 9,442 Posts
    • 10,612 Thanks
    shaun from Africa
    I'm currently living in a place that has a fairly big mosquito problem (but nowhere nearly as bad as many parts of Asia and Africa) and although there is no malaria, there is Dengue and chikungunya.

Because of this, we try to keep the insects out of our living areas but even with regular spraying and ensuring that all doors and windows are closed, they still manage to get in.

Now imagine an aircraft being loaded with both passengers and catering supplies. There will be a few open doors for the mossies to enter and maybe Lucknow (LKO) is currently suffering from a bad time as far as mosquito infestations are concerned.
    It wouldn't be in the best interest of the airline if some of their staff got sick through mosquito borne diseases so I'm sure that if they could reasonably avoid them getting on board the aircraft, they would do so.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,258Posts Today

6,744Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin