Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nesty
    • By Nesty 15th Mar 17, 7:56 AM
    • 331Posts
    • 67Thanks
    Nesty
    Buyer states hasn't received item, but tracking says waiting at delivery office
    • 15th Mar 17, 7:56 AM
    Buyer states hasn't received item, but tracking says waiting at delivery office 15th Mar 17 at 7:56 AM
    I sold an item in Feburary (less then 20). The postage RM 1st class signed for. Delivery was within UK.
    However, I didn't load up the tracking number on to EBAY.
    Over 2 and 1/2 weeks later I receive 'I have not received my item' case from EBAY. With a note saying when are they going to receive their item & they should of been informed if I didn't have the stock to complete the order.

This is the first contact from the buyer. No other contact from the buyer been made.

I checked the RM tracking and it said delivery was attempted day after I posted it and it's awaiting at the delivery office for their collection, which was 2 and 1/2 weeks ago.

I am guessing here. The person has collected it. RM haven't logged this correctly. Buyer checked the tracking number on RM website, seen the record and citing they haven't got it?

Where do I stand with this. Any chance of winning the case?

Also I assume no compinsation would not be payable from RM either, if I have to refund?
Page 1
    • custardy
    • By custardy 15th Mar 17, 7:58 AM
    • 32,083 Posts
    • 26,826 Thanks
    custardy
    • 15th Mar 17, 7:58 AM
    • 15th Mar 17, 7:58 AM
    organise a redelivery

http://www.royalmail.com/personal/receiving-mail/redelivery
    • This Year
    • By This Year 15th Mar 17, 8:03 AM
    • 1,223 Posts
    • 5,263 Thanks
    This Year
    • 15th Mar 17, 8:03 AM
    • 15th Mar 17, 8:03 AM
    Royal Mail do not always leave a card* or the card may have been scooped up and put in the bin with a pile of pizza/double glazing leaflets. Your parcel could still be at the delivery office awaiting collection in which case if it's not collected within 18 days it'll be sent back to you.

I would upload the tracking details to the case which will show attempted delivery AND organise a re-delivery.

*they're human too and so can make mistakes
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 15th Mar 17, 8:26 AM
    • 2,940 Posts
    • 1,712 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    • 15th Mar 17, 8:26 AM
    I am guessing here. The person has collected it. RM haven't logged this correctly. Buyer checked the tracking number on RM website, seen the record and citing they haven't got it?

Nesty, I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion. It's more likely it's a change of mind return, whereby by not collecting it, it will be returned to you, or they didn't get the card from Royal Mail as pointed out above.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
    • Nesty
    • By Nesty 15th Mar 17, 8:26 AM
    • 331 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    Nesty
    Thanks for the prompt replies.
    I have now uploaded and re-arranged delivery.
    What seems strange that in the order notes the person wanted it by a certain date. So it sounds like they tuned on expecting it etc.
    Just would of thought someone would of got in touch before 2 &1/2 weeks?
    Oh Well!
    Last edited by Nesty; 15-03-2017 at 8:30 AM.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 15th Mar 17, 8:03 PM
    • 24,960 Posts
    • 9,899 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 15th Mar 17, 8:03 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 8:03 PM
    Ive had to contact a seller about something i bought 2 weeks ago. Only went to use them yesterday and realised they had sent the wrong sized items.

Cheap items where the postage costs more than the item itself. They didnt even mention returning the wrong sized ones.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,396Posts Today

8,965Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin