Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nmlc
    • By nmlc 15th Mar 17, 6:33 AM
    • 2,870Posts
    • 38,856Thanks
    nmlc
    O/S Daily Wednesday 15 March 2017
    • 15th Mar 17, 6:33 AM
    O/S Daily Wednesday 15 March 2017 15th Mar 17 at 6:33 AM
    O/S Daily Wedsnesday 15 March 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Now light, dry and very cloudy but this is how the days seem to start at the moment, skies then clear and we've been getting some sunny days, we'll see. Washing ready to go out on the line in a mo.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit.

Dinner last night was chicken goujons, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg, was a bit late home from work as was assisting another member of staff as they are still learning some of our tasks that we need to do. Not sure what we're having for dinner tonight, haven't planned very well this week so will need to sort this.

Work wasn't as busy yesterday - we'll see what today brings, working all day as still doing the extra hours only until the end of March though.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    Last edited by nmlc; 15-03-2017 at 6:47 AM.
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
Page 2
    • meanmarie
    • By meanmarie 15th Mar 17, 6:20 PM
    • 4,927 Posts
    • 47,597 Thanks
    meanmarie
    Afternoon all,

It has been a lovely day here today, cloudy now and I think that we are due some rain later.....after all we have had 2 rain free days!

May be changing my phone/broadband provider, guy is to come tonight to talk to DS1, I am so lazy aboutmaking those kind of decisions.

Knitting was our usual chatty, laughing morning, actually did some knitting as well!

Dumpling, I hope that your girls get the help they need soon.

Speky...congratulations on your move into property ownership!

Csarina......keep the blood pressure down

TA......thanks for the soup recipe, I love soup so will be trying that one out soon.

JackieO......you constantly amaze me with your money saving ideas, and your consistant kindness.

Hugs to all, have a good evening.

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
    • candygirl
    • By candygirl 15th Mar 17, 6:20 PM
    • 26,030 Posts
    • 105,454 Thanks
    candygirl
    Thanks for the soup recipe TA, I will deffo be making that
    I've been feeling really dizzy n sick for weeks, n almost passed out in ALDI yesterday.The docs don't seem too bothered, but I think i've pinned it down to the gabapentin i've been taking for nerve pain .
    Anyway enough moaning from me, and enjoy your evenings xx
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004)
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 15th Mar 17, 6:42 PM
    • 15,489 Posts
    • 126,272 Thanks
    JackieO
    meanmarie I just hope that passing on good luck to someone else will make them do it when they get a chance that's all. I think at some point in all our lives it helps to get a bit of good luck or a good turn, I have had a few over the years and been thankful of them as well.

Had a nice afternoon pottering around and doing lots of those sill little to-do jobs that now have been to-done just going to have my dinner and then put my feet up and watch some catch-up tv.My next door neighbour gave me some tiny chillis that a work friend brought back from Sri Lanka and I'm going to see what I can whizz up with them They are very small about thumbnail size ,but he said quite fiery bit like me
    have a good evening chums what ever you are doing

JackieO xx
    Quot Libros,Quam Breve Tempus.
    • Judi
    • By Judi 15th Mar 17, 10:39 PM
    • 15,276 Posts
    • 62,621 Thanks
    Judi
    Evening all.

A link for you who like to hear of the work my daughter and her partner do in the Baby House in S A.

Have any of you seen this in the news?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/39252983

The baby is now in the care of the Baby House.

I am fine, having a few days away with hubby and the hounds in the caravan. The idea was that hubby could forget about home and work for a few days but I don't think he's thought it through. We are going out tomorrow night with some of the guys at work from the Cornish branch.

Sleep well all
    Last edited by Judi; 15-03-2017 at 10:42 PM.
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

337Posts Today

4,442Users online

Martin's Twitter