Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hmmmmm
    • By hmmmmm 14th Mar 17, 9:46 PM
    • 20Posts
    • 3Thanks
    hmmmmm
    Parking Charge Notice from Care Parking at Aldi
    • 14th Mar 17, 9:46 PM
    Parking Charge Notice from Care Parking at Aldi 14th Mar 17 at 9:46 PM
    Hi All,

Was just looking for a bit of guidance if at all possible.

I have been shopping at Aldi for some time and have parked on their premises for numerous long stays, and have never received any charges whatsoever.

I have recently been issued with a parking charge notice from a company called Care Parking, the charge being "Exceeded Maximum Stay Period", which is cited as 18 minutes over the parking allowance.

I called Aldi to try and get the charge dropped, explaining that I was shopping on the complex, which also has numerous other retail outlets. Aldi informed me that the managing company of this car park had changed hands and been recently taken over by Care Parking. Aldi were surprised their customers had not been notified of the changeover, but noted that Care Parking were not working with them, but the landowner instead.

Aldi recommended that I get in touch with Care Parking to explain that I was shopping in their store and not misusing the car park. I have evidence from online banking that I made purchases in both Aldi and Pound Stretcher, although the amounts spent were quite low. I would have no doubt been in other stores on the complex as well.

I'd just like some advice on how to move forward with this,

Many thanks,

John
Page 3
    • hmmmmm
    • By hmmmmm 15th Mar 17, 8:47 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    hmmmmm
    Perfect, thank you!
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 15th Mar 17, 8:51 PM
    • 6,703 Posts
    • 6,616 Thanks
    pappa golf
    can you confirm this was an ANPR type ticket with photos of you arriving and leaving?

all the ANPR equipment was removed from site when PE moved out

if anpr was used , then the equipment would have had to be re installed in ALDIs property ,

as ALDI would not get anything apart from grief , I think its unlikely that it has been re installed
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
    • hmmmmm
    • By hmmmmm 15th Mar 17, 9:01 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    hmmmmm
    Yes ANPR was used, they have photo/video of the car entering and leaving the retail park, at the only place you can, i.e. 90 degrees to the right of the photo above. I'm assuming that Care Parking "manage" the parking on the whole retail park and have agreed with someone that they can install the ANPR equipment? Thanks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Mar 17, 11:51 PM
    • 45,089 Posts
    • 57,719 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes the fault lies with the managing agents of the retail park (usually easy to find by Googling).
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• hmmmmm
    • By hmmmmm 23rd Apr 17, 8:09 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    hmmmmm
    POPLA Code Received!
    Hi All!

I've been given a POPLA code and I'm just putting the finishing touches to my appeal, which I'll post here shortly.

Just having trouble figuring out how long we have to appeal.

We received the following Appeal Acknowledgement Letter:

The only date on the letter is the 17th March 2017 ("Date of Acknowledgement"), however this is certainly not the date that this letter was sent, as we only received it on the 15th April 2017.

On the reverse, it says we have 28 days to appeal from the date of this notification, yet there's no date on the notification.

Any help would be appreciated,

Best,

John
    • Redx
    • By Redx 23rd Apr 17, 8:16 PM
    • 13,658 Posts
    • 16,763 Thanks
    Redx
    you can ascertain the popla date from the actual 10 digit popla code itself (as detailed by CM in other threads)

you then have 28 days from the generated date to make your popla appeal
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 24th Apr 17, 12:55 AM
    • 45,089 Posts
    • 57,719 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Is the POPLA code one that came with the letter dated 17th March? If so the code will probably not work any more - try it on the POPLA appeal website first page.

Or was it sent with a later rejection letter, what date? The code will work for 30ish days.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

924Posts Today

6,430Users online

Martin's Twitter