Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Rbarkley
    • By Rbarkley 14th Mar 17, 9:26 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Rbarkley
    Carphone Warehouse DSR return
    • 14th Mar 17, 9:26 PM
    Carphone Warehouse DSR return 14th Mar 17 at 9:26 PM
    I paid for an early upgrade with Carphone Warehouse to my mobile contract and was offered an incentive to buy on the phone rather than instore (£45 discount) - the phone arrived and really is not what i was looking and asked to return the phone for a different phone but keeping the contract upgrade. Carphone warehouse is stating because i paid for early upgrade i have no right to return. Surely they can't pick and choose which part of DSR apply? Do i have any rights here? They claim it's informed on the phone but i wasn't, i never even received confirmation of the order even after phoning and asking for confirmation and no new contract information in writing either.
Page 1
    • bris
    • By bris 15th Mar 17, 8:44 AM
    • 6,722 Posts
    • 5,763 Thanks
    bris
    • 15th Mar 17, 8:44 AM
    • 15th Mar 17, 8:44 AM
    An upgrade is not a new contract. Your termination rights only apply to when you first take out a brand new contract.

As this is just an extension to an existing contract you do not have cooling off rights.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 15th Mar 17, 8:55 AM
    • 29,742 Posts
    • 18,830 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 15th Mar 17, 8:55 AM
    • 15th Mar 17, 8:55 AM
    I paid for an early upgrade with Carphone Warehouse to my mobile contract and was offered an incentive to buy on the phone rather than instore (£45 discount) - the phone arrived and really is not what i was looking and asked to return the phone for a different phone but keeping the contract upgrade. Carphone warehouse is stating because i paid for early upgrade i have no right to return. Surely they can't pick and choose which part of DSR apply? Do i have any rights here? They claim it's informed on the phone but i wasn't, i never even received confirmation of the order even after phoning and asking for confirmation and no new contract information in writing either.
    Originally posted by Rbarkley

Can I ask what it is you dont like about the phone ?
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,670Posts Today

8,663Users online

Martin's Twitter