Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Blue smurf
    • By Blue smurf 14th Mar 17, 8:08 PM
    • 283Posts
    • 710Thanks
    Blue smurf
    Asian trio seriouly assault woman
    • 14th Mar 17, 8:08 PM
    Asian trio seriouly assault woman 14th Mar 17 at 8:08 PM
    This is the shocking moment a woman staggers away with a fractured nose and cheekbone after being beaten up in a racist assault by Asian thugs.
    The 34-year-old white victim was caught on CCTV with her face in her hands after the men broke her nose before trading blows with her boyfriend.
    She had been walking home with her partner after a night out at the Skydome in Coventry when she was racially abused by three men.
    Police have released the CCTV footage and want to speak to the three Asian men who are seen brawling in it. A force spokesman today confirmed that 'three men shouted a racist comment at [the victim]'.
    'When she tried to confront them she was assaulted and sustained fractures to her nose and cheekbone.'

http://http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4312204/Woman-seen-staggering-racist-thugs-break-nose.html

I'll let the DM lead the way on whether this was a racist incident or not. I'll task the casual reader come to their own conclusions.
    I know my opinion on this disgustingly filthy assault on a woman by three thugs, however my opinions won't get past the censors on the board.
Page 2
    • burnleymik
    • By burnleymik 15th Mar 17, 9:39 AM
    • 1,112 Posts
    • 2,571 Thanks
    burnleymik
    Someone getting punched outside a nightclub IS a non-story Mik, and that's all this is. I'm sorry for the victim, but in every city every weekend night something like this happens. I didn't bring race into it, you did, but then again you always do. That's not me saying you're a racist, that's me saying you bring race into events where it's irrelevant.
    Originally posted by Redknapps Dog
    Fair enough, I respect your opinion, but that wasn't the question I was asking.

This WAS a racially motivated attack, or at least so the report says. This isn't just another attack outside a nightclub, it's like those other links I posted, it's a racist attack. They get front page headlines and lots of airtime, where as this gets very little. Hence my question.

Also, I have over 1000 posts on this forum and you are wrong to say I "always" bring race into it. I have commented on maybe 2 threads regarding racial motivated crimes where Muslims were concerned.

It just gets so tedious when you ask a question and because certain groups are involved you are immediately labelled or insinuated as a racist and a normal discussion cannot be had.
    A smile costs nothing, but gives a lot.
    It enriches those who receive it without making poorer those who give it.
    A smile takes only a moment, but the memory of it can last forever.
    • latest flame
    • By latest flame 15th Mar 17, 9:49 AM
    • 856 Posts
    • 1,640 Thanks
    latest flame
    Asian?

I'm glad I dont have to paint with a brush that broad.

I guess these "men" are supposed to be muslims? Most (ethnically similar) of my acquaintance wouldn't consider odds of three to two overly advantageous.
    They prefer three to one.
    At the end of the day hitting a woman is the action of a cowardly scumbag, of any culture/race/religion.
    Its not a race crime its a cultural crime, a crime committed by the culture of scumbags that hate almost everyone who isn't as retarded as they are.

I'm disgusted (on behalf of my Asian friends and relatives) that these cowards are called Asians.
    • Muttleythefrog
    • By Muttleythefrog 15th Mar 17, 12:01 PM
    • 9,619 Posts
    • 17,712 Thanks
    Muttleythefrog
    Someone getting punched outside a nightclub IS a non-story Mik, and that's all this is. I'm sorry for the victim, but in every city every weekend night something like this happens. I didn't bring race into it, you did, but then again you always do. That's not me saying you're a racist, that's me saying you bring race into events where it's irrelevant.
    Originally posted by Redknapps Dog
    Exactly... I mean I rarely get out.. and I don't exactly have a vast circle of contacts regularly out in town centres near here.... but just on my facebook in recent days I've seen 'friends of friends' type reports about people being hit in one of the two local city centres 2 or 3 times. I very much doubt these made local news because they're not exactly uncommon events. If the perpetrators were wearing Batman and Robin outfits while committing the assaults then perhaps they would be unusual enough to attract the press.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
    • Muttleythefrog
    • By Muttleythefrog 15th Mar 17, 12:07 PM
    • 9,619 Posts
    • 17,712 Thanks
    Muttleythefrog
    It just gets so tedious when you ask a question and because certain groups are involved you are immediately labelled or insinuated as a racist and a normal discussion cannot be had.
    Originally posted by burnleymik
    It's because you seem to focus on particular races. If I said to you I'd just been to the supermarket and a green person stole my cauliflower... and a green person looked like they were thieving a lettuce.. and a green person got stopped by security... and a green person looked like they were stuffing pies inside their coat... and a green person was spitting on the floor... and a green person nearly ran me over in the car park... and a green person looked like a tramp.... and a green person didn't speak English... and a green person knocked over a pile of eggs and didn't even bother notifying staff... and a green person kept hitting me with their trolley.

.... would you conclude I might have a problem with green people.... or would you conclude green people seem rather dodgy?

Maybe MSE already know the answer.... hence the thread shift into the Sin Bin!
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
    • Muttleythefrog
    • By Muttleythefrog 15th Mar 17, 5:45 PM
    • 9,619 Posts
    • 17,712 Thanks
    Muttleythefrog
    Found one of them... lookie here... I got a picture... another green person just punched someone.... I'll let MSE members reach their own conclusions. I know my opinion on this disgustingly filthy assault by a green person, however my opinions won't get past the censors on the board

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

43Posts Today

3,291Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin