Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Blue smurf
    • By Blue smurf 14th Mar 17, 7:08 PM
    • 264Posts
    • 667Thanks
    Blue smurf
    Asian trio seriouly assault woman
    • 14th Mar 17, 7:08 PM
    Asian trio seriouly assault woman 14th Mar 17 at 7:08 PM
    This is the shocking moment a woman staggers away with a fractured nose and cheekbone after being beaten up in a racist assault by Asian thugs.
    The 34-year-old white victim was caught on CCTV with her face in her hands after the men broke her nose before trading blows with her boyfriend.
    She had been walking home with her partner after a night out at the Skydome in Coventry when she was racially abused by three men.
    Police have released the CCTV footage and want to speak to the three Asian men who are seen brawling in it. A force spokesman today confirmed that 'three men shouted a racist comment at [the victim]'.
    'When she tried to confront them she was assaulted and sustained fractures to her nose and cheekbone.'

http://http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4312204/Woman-seen-staggering-racist-thugs-break-nose.html

I'll let the DM lead the way on whether this was a racist incident or not. I'll task the casual reader come to their own conclusions.
    I know my opinion on this disgustingly filthy assault on a woman by three thugs, however my opinions won't get past the censors on the board.
Page 1
    • grahawk
    • By grahawk 14th Mar 17, 7:35 PM
    • 3,242 Posts
    • 5,004 Thanks
    grahawk
    • 14th Mar 17, 7:35 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 7:35 PM
    I guess that because you only make posts about crimes committed by people who aren't white. Why is that?
    'If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.' Mark Twain
    • bushbaby1103
    • By bushbaby1103 14th Mar 17, 7:41 PM
    • 3,861 Posts
    • 6,742 Thanks
    bushbaby1103
    • 14th Mar 17, 7:41 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 7:41 PM
    Oh the outrage!
    you don't like me but still watch everything I do, you must be a fan, keep it up.
    A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep or internet stalkers
    • BleepinHell
    • By BleepinHell 14th Mar 17, 10:01 PM
    • 655 Posts
    • 1,106 Thanks
    BleepinHell
    • 14th Mar 17, 10:01 PM
    Well how can this be racist?
    It is a fact only white Brits are capable of racist acts.
    I wonder what percentage of reported crimes are perpetrated by ethnic minorities? There are areas of Greater Manchester where it is not too safe
    to go especially if you are a white female in a short skirt.
    The most beautiful emotion we can experience is the mystical. It is the power of all true art and science.
    He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead.
    ]
    Albert Einstein
    • Muttleythefrog
    • By Muttleythefrog 14th Mar 17, 10:01 PM
    • 9,157 Posts
    • 17,114 Thanks
    Muttleythefrog
    I'll let the DM lead the way on whether this was a racist incident or not. I'll task the casual reader come to their own conclusions.
    I know my opinion on this disgustingly filthy assault on a woman by three thugs, however my opinions won't get past the censors on the board.
    Originally posted by Blue smurf
    My conclusion is that racist incidents are unacceptable... as are attempts to suggest certain races are inherently more likely to commit them and attempts to slur particularly races. I've no idea what you think readers here can add to the story unless they were there... and if they were then they should be talking to police not us. Because perceived different races are involved in a violent incident does not mean race played a role... and it is likely to be in language used at the scene where evidence of racist motivation may be disclosed... there is claim of it here.
    Last edited by Muttleythefrog; 14-03-2017 at 10:04 PM.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
    • Muttleythefrog
    • By Muttleythefrog 14th Mar 17, 10:08 PM
    • 9,157 Posts
    • 17,114 Thanks
    Muttleythefrog
    • 14th Mar 17, 10:08 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 10:08 PM
    Well how can this be racist?
    It is a fact only white Brits are capable of racist acts.
    Originally posted by BleepinHell
    That's not a fact. That's paranoia.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 14th Mar 17, 10:50 PM
    • 337 Posts
    • 870 Thanks
    Penitent
    • 14th Mar 17, 10:50 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 10:50 PM
    That's not a fact. That's paranoia.
    Originally posted by Muttleythefrog
    In fairness to him, I have seen that argument made by a lot of very nice, well-meaning people who don't understand that the definition of racism used by sociologists and bloggers (which requires both prejudice and oppression, therefore white people can't be victims of racism) is not the One True Definition of racism. It's a bit frustrating as it tends to be used to shut down discussion on race relations in modern society when we should really talk about it more and properly.

(I apologise if this doesn't make sense. I'm not properly awkae anymore.)
    • I'm With Stupid
    • By I'm With Stupid 15th Mar 17, 12:52 AM
    • 5,904 Posts
    • 11,365 Thanks
    I'm With Stupid
    • 15th Mar 17, 12:52 AM
    • 15th Mar 17, 12:52 AM
    Thousands of crimes are committed and reported every day. It's funny how people chose which ones to share, isn't it?
    • burnleymik
    • By burnleymik 15th Mar 17, 5:00 AM
    • 1,096 Posts
    • 2,495 Thanks
    burnleymik
    • 15th Mar 17, 5:00 AM
    • 15th Mar 17, 5:00 AM
    Out of curiosity, how much news coverage do you think it would get if 3 white thugs had been shouting racial insults and then attacked a Muslim lady and her boyfriend in the same way?
    A smile costs nothing, but gives a lot.
    It enriches those who receive it without making poorer those who give it.
    A smile takes only a moment, but the memory of it can last forever.
    • Muttleythefrog
    • By Muttleythefrog 15th Mar 17, 5:13 AM
    • 9,157 Posts
    • 17,114 Thanks
    Muttleythefrog
    Out of curiosity, how much news coverage do you think it would get if 3 white thugs had been shouting racial insults and then attacked a Muslim lady and her boyfriend in the same way?
    Originally posted by burnleymik
    That the races are relevant to you says it all... just as regarding the Op... neither of you are concealing your motivations. To me a racist assault is a racist assault.. I am deeply suspicious of anyone who sees the races as relevant beyond investigative requirement regarding identification or possibly motivation.The answer to your question is probably dependent on what media sources are used. It isn't a competition to see who can be most victimised. Someone being punched in the nose in the evening in a town centre I doubt would typically be anything other than local news (if that)except if it pressed some buttons of media outlets. I think we've a good idea what buttons the DM has... I think we've a good idea of the Op's too... hence their broadcast of this event.
    Last edited by Muttleythefrog; 15-03-2017 at 5:18 AM.
    • burnleymik
    • By burnleymik 15th Mar 17, 5:22 AM
    • 1,096 Posts
    • 2,495 Thanks
    burnleymik
    That the races are relevant to you says it all... just as regarding the Op... neither of you are concealing your motivations. To me a racist assault is a racist assault.. I am deeply suspicious of anyone who sees the races as relevant beyond investigative requirement regarding identification or possibly motivation.The answer to your question is probably dependent on what media sources are used. It isn't a competition to see who can be most victimised. Someone being punched in the nose in the evening in a town centre I doubt would typically be anything other than local news (if that)except if it pressed some buttons of media outlets. I think we've a good idea what buttons the DM has.
    Originally posted by Muttleythefrog
    It was a simple question. As usual you just dive straight in and head directly down the same old road of labelling me or anyone else who may have an alternate view.

It's hard to have simple debate, when people just prefer to spend their time throwing labels around trying to shut it down.

I suggest that this would have gotten far more media attention had the roles been reversed. Such as when the Polish man was attacked by thugs outside the shops and it hit every headline and newspaper.
    • Muttleythefrog
    • By Muttleythefrog 15th Mar 17, 5:42 AM
    • 9,157 Posts
    • 17,114 Thanks
    Muttleythefrog
    It was a simple question. As usual you just dive straight in and head directly down the same old road of labelling me or anyone else who may have an alternate view.

It's hard to have simple debate, when people just prefer to spend their time throwing labels around trying to shut it down.

I suggest that this would have gotten far more media attention had the roles been reversed. Such as when the Polish man was attacked by thugs outside the shops and it hit every headline and newspaper.
    It wasn't a simple question.. it was a political statement masquerading as one. Who do you think you are kidding? There is no credible alternative view to mine... racist assaults are unacceptable... how media and people like you want to spin them is up to you. I have always been open to debate (including recently on MSE regarding demographics regarding crime offending in relation to immigration)... but only with people prepared to give their view and explain it... the Op makes it clear they won't and people like you hide behind your views with 'stories' and 'suggestions'. Some people need to grow a pair instead of whispering in darkened pub corners claiming they're going to be victimised.
    Last edited by Muttleythefrog; 15-03-2017 at 5:48 AM.
    • burnleymik
    • By burnleymik 15th Mar 17, 6:04 AM
    • 1,096 Posts
    • 2,495 Thanks
    burnleymik
    Any chance just one of your posts could get to the point without all the unnecessary waffle?

It was and still is a simple question
    • bushbaby1103
    • By bushbaby1103 15th Mar 17, 7:13 AM
    • 3,861 Posts
    • 6,742 Thanks
    bushbaby1103
    It's simple really, certain issues can only be discussed within the narrow perametres of the DM frame of reference. If you don't agree with that point of you you are obviously a lefty traitor. MSE DT is dominated by the same type of right wingers that worship all things DM. They will only report things that confirm their biases whilst closing down anyone who dares to call them out, you will not dissent from the permitted point of view: all non whites are violent 'thugs' and everyone else are 'innocent victims'
    I recall the recent case of a man who was killed outside a wine bar in what was reported as an "unprovoked" attack. The fact that he and a group of his friends racially abused the man who went on to attack. him was almost removed from the news reports. This of course is no reason to violently assault someone but it's interesting how the case was reported.
    The incident in the OP is yet to be fully investigated, hence the police releasing the details they have and whilst what is currently being reported suggests one version of events, the truth may or may not be very different once all the FACTS are known.

I'm glad the OP has presented things the way they have so that the rest of us can be in no doubt how they see the world and their place in it.
    you don't like me but still watch everything I do, you must be a fan, keep it up.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 15th Mar 17, 7:45 AM
    • 21,764 Posts
    • 43,771 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    What's the backstory?

I'm not condoning the attack, all I'm saying is that unprovoked attacks are rare and this one appeared to be quite targeted. It's likely that this assault was preceded by an incident at the club.

Eta: this happened in mid-December and the police have only seen fit to release the CCTV now? Wtf?
    Last edited by VfM4meplse; 15-03-2017 at 7:48 AM.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • Redknapps Dog
    • By Redknapps Dog 15th Mar 17, 8:02 AM
    • 804 Posts
    • 1,306 Thanks
    Redknapps Dog
    Any chance just one of your posts could get to the point without all the unnecessary waffle?

It was and still is a simple question
    But it isn't is it? You're using a violence outside a nightclub crime (which let's be honest IS a non-story) to take a swipe at a particular ethnic group, and not for the first time either. It's pathetic, but you clearly can't help yourself.
    • burnleymik
    • By burnleymik 15th Mar 17, 8:12 AM
    • 1,096 Posts
    • 2,495 Thanks
    burnleymik
    But it isn't is it? You're using a violence outside a nightclub crime (which let's be honest IS a non-story) to take a swipe at a particular ethnic group, and not for the first time either. It's pathetic, but you clearly can't help yourself.
    Originally posted by Redknapps Dog
    No. I am asking if this racist attack would get the same amount of media coverage had the situation been reversed, i.e. the Polish man that was attacked, which was labelled as racist and got tons of news coverage.

or this one:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2784170/racist-bus-manchester-video-salford/

or this one:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/757989/poland-aldi-supermarket-racist-race-hate-attack-supermarket-mobile-phone

or this one:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-38868403

All of those got multiple media coverage and none of them were violent attacks. That is the point I am making. This story slips in a small article halfway down the Daily Mail page.

It really seems you cannot question some things without the same old people going down the same worthless route of calling you a racist. Now that is pathetic.

Debate and discussion is fine, but you just cannot help yourselves. I guess it's so ingrained that it now becomes default.
    • bushbaby1103
    • By bushbaby1103 15th Mar 17, 8:18 AM
    • 3,861 Posts
    • 6,742 Thanks
    bushbaby1103
    What's the backstory?

I'm not condoning the attack, all I'm saying is that unprovoked attacks are rare and this one appeared to be quite targeted. It's likely that this assault was preceded by an incident at the club.

Eta: this happened in mid-December and the police have only seen fit to release the CCTV now? Wtf?
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse
    C'mon v4mp
    Your post has too much common sense for a discussion like this.
    Must do better next time.
    • Redknapps Dog
    • By Redknapps Dog 15th Mar 17, 8:20 AM
    • 804 Posts
    • 1,306 Thanks
    Redknapps Dog
    No. I am asking if this racist attack would get the same amount of media coverage had the situation been reversed, i.e. the Polish man that was attacked, which was labelled as racist and got tons of news coverage.

or this one:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2784170/racist-bus-manchester-video-salford/

or this one:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/757989/poland-aldi-supermarket-racist-race-hate-attack-supermarket-mobile-phone

or this one:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-38868403

All of those got multiple media coverage and none of them were violent attacks. That is the point I am making. This story slips in a small article halfway down the Daily Mail page.

It really seems you cannot question some things without the same old people going down the same worthless route of calling you a racist. Now that is pathetic.

Debate and discussion is fine, but you just cannot help yourselves. I guess it's so ingrained that it now becomes default.
    Someone getting punched outside a nightclub IS a non-story Mik, and that's all this is. I'm sorry for the victim, but in every city every weekend night something like this happens. I didn't bring race into it, you did, but then again you always do. That's not me saying you're a racist, that's me saying you bring race into events where it's irrelevant.
    • DCodd
    • By DCodd 15th Mar 17, 8:35 AM
    • 7,463 Posts
    • 9,962 Thanks
    DCodd
    Is it just me or is the link in the OP not working? Maybe DM pulled the story?
    Always get a Qualified opinion - My qualifications are that I am OLD and GRUMPY
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,479Posts Today

7,776Users online

Martin's Twitter