Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Saffamagic
    • By Saffamagic 14th Mar 17, 8:07 PM
    • 18Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Saffamagic
    Credit Card balance transfer help
    • 14th Mar 17, 8:07 PM
    Credit Card balance transfer help 14th Mar 17 at 8:07 PM
    I am in the process of finding a new credit card but have not been able to pay my current credit card off due to problems with my car so have £1600 left on my current account so will transfer the balance to a new card.

I have always paid minimum payments with a bit more extra each month and always kept up to date but just a few issues with my car that I had to use my credit card unfortunately. Im not too sure how it works really and what charges I will have on my new credit card.

Please could someone point me in the direction of the best card that would be suitable for me in order to maintain my good credit record that I have that Im a bit worried about getting tarnished at the moment.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 14th Mar 17, 8:23 PM
    • 12,678 Posts
    • 12,936 Thanks
    zx81
    • 14th Mar 17, 8:23 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 8:23 PM
    The eligibility checker on this site would be a good place to start, and will give you an idea of which card you may be best suited to.
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 14th Mar 17, 9:02 PM
    • 3,081 Posts
    • 790 Thanks
    Anthorn
    • 14th Mar 17, 9:02 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 9:02 PM
    I am in the process of finding a new credit card but have not been able to pay my current credit card off due to problems with my car so have £1600 left on my current account so will transfer the balance to a new card.

I have always paid minimum payments with a bit more extra each month and always kept up to date but just a few issues with my car that I had to use my credit card unfortunately. Im not too sure how it works really and what charges I will have on my new credit card.

Please could someone point me in the direction of the best card that would be suitable for me in order to maintain my good credit record that I have that Im a bit worried about getting tarnished at the moment.
    Originally posted by Saffamagic
    What's best for me isn't necessarily best for you or anyone else. But I like the BT cards from Virgin Money and they have their own soft-search eligibility checker, "Card Checker". which appears to me to be pretty much accurate: If you get a pre-approved status on that go ahead and apply.
    http://uk.virginmoney.com/virgin/credit-cards/balance-transfer-cards/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,505Posts Today

7,970Users online

Martin's Twitter