Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gazuk238
    • By gazuk238 14th Mar 17, 7:39 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    gazuk238
    Car Insurance - Unemployed
    • 14th Mar 17, 7:39 PM
    Car Insurance - Unemployed 14th Mar 17 at 7:39 PM
    My wife, who is currently a student, is due to finish her Degree in a couple of months. She will therefore need to inform her insurer that she will no longer be a student. She wont be entitled to any unemployment benefits, so am wondering if she needs to declare her occupation as "unemployed". Rather than that, could she put "Housewife", or would that be considered to be incorrect?
Page 1
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 14th Mar 17, 7:42 PM
    • 25,094 Posts
    • 9,959 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 14th Mar 17, 7:42 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 7:42 PM
    As long as she is not on benefits then she could be a housewife. Who pays her NI?
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • gazuk238
    • By gazuk238 14th Mar 17, 8:07 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    gazuk238
    • 14th Mar 17, 8:07 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 8:07 PM
    As a student, she hasnt been paying any NI. Checked online the other day, and it says that she only needs 2 more years NI contributions to get full State Pension. She has another 17 years to get to State Pension age, so she should be able to make up those 2 years before then.
    • Shakin Steve
    • By Shakin Steve 14th Mar 17, 8:16 PM
    • 773 Posts
    • 563 Thanks
    Shakin Steve
    • 14th Mar 17, 8:16 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 8:16 PM
    I had this problem when I was 55. I wasn't claiming benefits so I told them I'd retired.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,469Posts Today

8,490Users online

Martin's Twitter