Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kel4810
    • By Kel4810 14th Mar 17, 7:29 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Kel4810
    HSBC mortgage issues
    • 14th Mar 17, 7:29 PM
    HSBC mortgage issues 14th Mar 17 at 7:29 PM
    Hi all, have applied for an additional borrowing on my current HSBC mortgage as moving home- applied over the telephone end of January- still waiting for valuation to be booked as application with the underwriters- application lost for approx 2 weeks- no original documents have been sent back- anyone else having the same issues with HSBC? Nearly 6 weeks for us and it's going to affect our sale at some point. Thanks.
Page 1
    • martinsurrey
    • By martinsurrey 15th Mar 17, 10:19 AM
    • 2,687 Posts
    • 3,227 Thanks
    martinsurrey
    • 15th Mar 17, 10:19 AM
    • 15th Mar 17, 10:19 AM
    Hi all, have applied for an additional borrowing on my current HSBC mortgage as moving home- applied over the telephone end of January- still waiting for valuation to be booked as application with the underwriters- application lost for approx 2 weeks- no original documents have been sent back- anyone else having the same issues with HSBC? Nearly 6 weeks for us and it's going to affect our sale at some point. Thanks.
    Originally posted by Kel4810
    nope,

applied online on a Saturday afternoon, documents supplied that Monday, underwriting finished by that Friday(this was a few weeks ago).
    • scottishblondie
    • By scottishblondie 15th Mar 17, 12:19 PM
    • 1,935 Posts
    • 1,223 Thanks
    scottishblondie
    • 15th Mar 17, 12:19 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 12:19 PM
    We started the process of remortgaging a BTL with HSBC almost 10 weeks ago, and it is still ongoing. They have just instructed a conveyancer, so we are going in the right direction at least. Fortunately, we aren't in a great rush!!
    • nolonger8
    • By nolonger8 15th Mar 17, 5:49 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nolonger8
    • 15th Mar 17, 5:49 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 5:49 PM
    This is nothing new from HSBC as their processing team really do let them down. I am an independent mortgage broker and I win A LOT of business from HSBC applications which are either taking too long to go through, or are moth-balled at the very last minute, this is where i step in. This inefficiency is particularly noticeable when they have market leading rates, as everybody and their dog send an application to them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

142Posts Today

1,311Users online

Martin's Twitter