Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pdel61
    • By pdel61 14th Mar 17, 7:04 PM
    • 694Posts
    • 381Thanks
    pdel61
    Scammed
    • 14th Mar 17, 7:04 PM
    Scammed 14th Mar 17 at 7:04 PM
    My daughter has been scammed and not quite sure where/how to claim.

From what I can make out there are three parties involved, my daughter, a scammer and an innocent 3rd party.

3rd party had an ad for an ipad, which the scammer "bought" and got the details of where to pay the money. Scammer then put up an advert for the ipad which my daughter bought, scammer then gave the 3rd party details to my daughter to pay at which point the 3rd party sent the goods to the scammer.

Paypal wont listen as they say the goods were signed for, but not at my confirmed address.

Help please.
Page 1
    • pinkshoes
    • By pinkshoes 14th Mar 17, 7:09 PM
    • 15,031 Posts
    • 20,442 Thanks
    pinkshoes
    • 14th Mar 17, 7:09 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 7:09 PM
    How was the money sent with PayPal? For named goods?
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
    • boliston
    • By boliston 14th Mar 17, 7:21 PM
    • 2,277 Posts
    • 1,828 Thanks
    boliston
    • 14th Mar 17, 7:21 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 7:21 PM
    Surely paypal would always refund unless the item is delivered to the "confirmed" address?
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 14th Mar 17, 7:29 PM
    • 10,599 Posts
    • 7,116 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 14th Mar 17, 7:29 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 7:29 PM
    Surely paypal would always refund unless the item is delivered to the "confirmed" address?
    Originally posted by boliston
    Confirmed addresses are a paypal myth.

OP, where did your daughter buy from (which site).

As has been asked, how did she make the paypal payment?

How do you know paypal won't listen - do you (did you) have a case open? If so, was it closed, if so for what reason.

What signature (why do you think they've been signed for) what are paypal referring to?
    • cookie365
    • By cookie365 14th Mar 17, 8:56 PM
    • 1,704 Posts
    • 1,089 Thanks
    cookie365
    • 14th Mar 17, 8:56 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 8:56 PM
    Was the Paypal payment sent as a gift?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,452Posts Today

7,344Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin