Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gavinprior
    • By gavinprior 14th Mar 17, 6:36 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    gavinprior
    Smart Parking Ltd fine
    • 14th Mar 17, 6:36 PM
    Smart Parking Ltd fine 14th Mar 17 at 6:36 PM
    Hi
    I received a letter form DRP regarding a CCTV parking fine via Smart Parking Ltd (13mins over the limit but was in the Waitrose shop cafe after food shopping). We never received the original letter from Smart Parking Ltd so were a little surprised when the DRP letter arrived. I immediately went online and appealed directly with Smart Parking Ltd and today received a rejection email as it's over the 28 days - obviously though as it was over that when we got the letter from DRP.
    Only found this forum today unfortunately so my appeal, although covered our reasons didn't wash and wasn't;t anywhere near as good as the ones I found today here(!)
    Any ideas on where we can go from here? just ignore them?
    Thanks in advance!
Page 1
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 14th Mar 17, 6:44 PM
    • 6,707 Posts
    • 6,619 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 14th Mar 17, 6:44 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 6:44 PM
    have you been back to the Waitrose shop cafe and shown recepts and kicked off?
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 14th Mar 17, 7:41 PM
    • 6,875 Posts
    • 6,851 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 14th Mar 17, 7:41 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 7:41 PM
    Post Four of the Newbies Sticky deals with DRP completely.

Other than a shop cancellation now all you need to do is sit it out for six years or until you recieve a proper court claim.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 14th Mar 17, 7:55 PM
    • 13,688 Posts
    • 16,796 Thanks
    Redx
    • 14th Mar 17, 7:55 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 7:55 PM
    Hi
    I received a letter form DRP regarding a CCTV parking fine via Smart Parking Ltd (13mins over the limit but was in the Waitrose shop cafe after food shopping). We never received the original letter from Smart Parking Ltd so were a little surprised when the DRP letter arrived. I immediately went online and appealed directly with Smart Parking Ltd and today received a rejection email as it's over the 28 days - obviously though as it was over that when we got the letter from DRP.
    Only found this forum today unfortunately so my appeal, although covered our reasons didn't wash and wasn't;t anywhere near as good as the ones I found today here(!)
    Any ideas on where we can go from here? just ignore them?
    Thanks in advance!
    Originally posted by gavinprior
    I think you mean from a SMART PARKING invoice fo an ANPR camera logged "contravention"

IGNORE drp like the newbies sticky thread tells you to do

and if not so SMART rejected your appeal, they should have included a POPLA code, if so, start drafting your popla appeal and get it submitted to popla

any complaints about DRP being involved in an ongoing appeal go to AOS at the BPA, as mentioned in the NEWBIES sticky thread

if its too late for any appeals , just IGNORE drp and only come back if not so SMART issue court papers (an MCOL)

why have you not complained to the landholder and got a cancellation ?
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • gavinprior
    • By gavinprior 15th Mar 17, 2:29 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    gavinprior
    • 15th Mar 17, 2:29 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 2:29 PM
    why have you not complained to the landholder and got a cancellation ?
    Originally posted by Redx
    Because as I said, I hadn't found this forum with all this great advice until the other day

I didn't get a popla code in the rejection email. So will work on that. I will also be going to the shop to see what they can do today
    Last edited by gavinprior; 15-03-2017 at 2:33 PM. Reason: additions
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

39Posts Today

3,671Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @EmmaDark30: @MartinSLewis off on holiday next month all paid for with free cash for switching bank accounts! Thank you!

• MSE weekly email: Big Energy Switch 7, £5 Next/Zara etc, buy euros now?, 10xNectar, 2for1 gardens, urgent easyjet https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Today's Twitter poll 2: following on, which of these professions would you trust least if you were using their services?

• Follow Martin