Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Richard_b2017
    • By Richard_b2017 14th Mar 17, 5:34 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Richard_b2017
    Is it worth trying to sell old Four Four Two magazines?
    • 14th Mar 17, 5:34 PM
    Is it worth trying to sell old Four Four Two magazines? 14th Mar 17 at 5:34 PM
    Hi there,

Having a big clear out and I have a number of Four Four Two magazines.

Are old magazines worth any real value? If so, is Ebay the best place to sell them? Is it worth the hassle?

Thanks very much
Page 1
    • soolin
    • By soolin 14th Mar 17, 5:44 PM
    • 59,236 Posts
    • 41,992 Thanks
    soolin
    • 14th Mar 17, 5:44 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 5:44 PM
    Hi there,

Having a big clear out and I have a number of Four Four Two magazines.

Are old magazines worth any real value? If so, is Ebay the best place to sell them? Is it worth the hassle?

Thanks very much
    Originally posted by Richard_b2017
    A good way of identifying basic value is to do a search on ebay for 'completed' sales, don't bother with listings, look at what sold. A very quick look though suggests they don't sell on ebay.

What about trying your local Facebook groups, batch them into full year batches (or something) and offer for £1 a batch?

Personally I have never had much luck with magazines.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • Richard_b2017
    • By Richard_b2017 14th Mar 17, 8:08 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Richard_b2017
    • 14th Mar 17, 8:08 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 8:08 PM
    Thank you!
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 15th Mar 17, 12:44 AM
    • 25,852 Posts
    • 10,287 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 15th Mar 17, 12:44 AM
    • 15th Mar 17, 12:44 AM
    Often its someone that wants one article from the magazine to collect or for a project etc.

50p to £2 + p&p each? if your prepared to list them all and wait for buyers.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

140Posts Today

1,545Users online

Martin's Twitter