Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • m0t
    • By m0t 14th Mar 17, 4:10 PM
    • 249Posts
    • 135Thanks
    m0t
    Faulty mobile phone
    • 14th Mar 17, 4:10 PM
    Faulty mobile phone 14th Mar 17 at 4:10 PM
    I'm having a problem with a faulty phone that I purchased directly from Samsung (what a mistake!) after Christmas.

The phone was delivered on the 28th Dec and we noticed an intermittent fault after a week. The loud speaker (not the ear one for calls) cuts out randomly when playing media or games.

I reported it to Samsung immediately and they suspected a software fault so there were several weeks of emails back and forth with suggestions.

I subsequently found a number of other complaints online which suggested the problem was related to the motherboard and the only solution was to replace the part.

I sent the phone back to Samsung 3 times (4 if you include the time they failed to collect it) and the first occasion they replaced the speaker and every other occasion they claim to be unable to replicate the fault and have sent the device back having done nothing to it.

I have spoken to them on the phone several times, sent them links to numerous others reporting the problem and provided them with a video of the issue occurring. The last time they agreed to have the technician call us when they received the phone so we could talk them through the issue, instead they just sent it back.

I've reached the end of my tether and attempted to arrange for a return and refund but Samsung have refused to do anything except tell me to send the phone back for another repair because they can't locate the fault.

What rights do I have here? In the two and a half months we've had the phone it's been with Samsung for 4 weeks!

As an aside they use a company called Anovo to repair their devices. Nokia used this company and a few years ago I sent a Lumia phone for repair to this outfit and they returned it 3 times as no fault found despite the device only charging to about 80% and turning off every time the batter fell below 60%.
Page 1
    • Anoneemoose
    • By Anoneemoose 14th Mar 17, 8:48 PM
    • 1,702 Posts
    • 2,090 Thanks
    Anoneemoose
    • 14th Mar 17, 8:48 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 8:48 PM
    I'm having a problem with a faulty phone that I purchased directly from Samsung (what a mistake!) after Christmas.

The phone was delivered on the 28th Dec and we noticed an intermittent fault after a week. The loud speaker (not the ear one for calls) cuts out randomly when playing media or games.

I reported it to Samsung immediately and they suspected a software fault so there were several weeks of emails back and forth with suggestions.

I subsequently found a number of other complaints online which suggested the problem was related to the motherboard and the only solution was to replace the part.

I sent the phone back to Samsung 3 times (4 if you include the time they failed to collect it) and the first occasion they replaced the speaker and every other occasion they claim to be unable to replicate the fault and have sent the device back having done nothing to it.

I have spoken to them on the phone several times, sent them links to numerous others reporting the problem and provided them with a video of the issue occurring. The last time they agreed to have the technician call us when they received the phone so we could talk them through the issue, instead they just sent it back.

I've reached the end of my tether and attempted to arrange for a return and refund but Samsung have refused to do anything except tell me to send the phone back for another repair because they can't locate the fault.

What rights do I have here? In the two and a half months we've had the phone it's been with Samsung for 4 weeks!

As an aside they use a company called Anovo to repair their devices. Nokia used this company and a few years ago I sent a Lumia phone for repair to this outfit and they returned it 3 times as no fault found despite the device only charging to about 80% and turning off every time the batter fell below 60%.
    Originally posted by m0t
    I would suggest that as you have a video of the problem occuring, you send them a letter before action (assuming you have followed any instructions they gave you which may have resolved the problem). I am not good at links on here but someone else might post one.

Alternatively, you could try writing to them or following their 'official complaints' procedure, if there is one, first.

I am not that clever on phones and software, so someone may have another angle re: fixing it, if it's at all possible.
    • m0t
    • By m0t 14th Mar 17, 9:41 PM
    • 249 Posts
    • 135 Thanks
    m0t
    • 14th Mar 17, 9:41 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 9:41 PM
    Thanks, I'm just kicking myself for not rejecting it straight away.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,371Posts Today

5,970Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just leaving Manchester after the funeral of my beloved grandma Gladys who passed away last night. https://t.co/nuC9ry5mP6

• The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Follow Martin