Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Seesaw Life
    • By Seesaw Life 14th Mar 17, 4:05 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 13Thanks
    Seesaw Life
    Income Change?
    • 14th Mar 17, 4:05 PM
    Income Change? 14th Mar 17 at 4:05 PM
    Hi All,

Advice please. :-)

I went bankrupt July last year with no IVA or restrictions order. I have an offer of temporary work which starts exactly two weeks before auto discharge. The chances are I won't see any money until after discharge though it is just possible the first payment will come through to my account before.

Do I need to declare this if it does? Or if it doesn't? Am I right that I have 21 days to declare a change in income? That would put me well past auto discharge. Obviously, for the sake of two weeks (particularly as it is only a month of work) I don't want to have to find myself with an IVA, but *and I want to make this clear* I do want to do the right thing having gone through all of the guilt we all feel about finding ourselves where we are.

Any thoughts welcome.
Page 1
    • luvchocolate
    • By luvchocolate 14th Mar 17, 5:33 PM
    • 1,469 Posts
    • 1,324 Thanks
    luvchocolate
    • 14th Mar 17, 5:33 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 5:33 PM
    hi...you are safe!! you have to notify of any changes within 21 days, so until you have been paid ..you have no change.
    Good luck
    • Seesaw Life
    • By Seesaw Life 14th Mar 17, 7:34 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    Seesaw Life
    • 14th Mar 17, 7:34 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 7:34 PM
    Thanks, that sounds like good news!
    • TheGardener
    • By TheGardener 17th Mar 17, 7:42 AM
    • 2,165 Posts
    • 2,045 Thanks
    TheGardener
    • 17th Mar 17, 7:42 AM
    • 17th Mar 17, 7:42 AM
    I agree with luvchocolate - you are obliged to the tell the OR within 21 days of actually receiving the new income, which in your case is after AD so no problem.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

139Posts Today

2,288Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin