Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • flower lady
    • By flower lady 14th Mar 17, 3:02 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    flower lady
    car contraact
    • 14th Mar 17, 3:02 PM
    car contraact 14th Mar 17 at 3:02 PM
    signed for a new car mid-february and 0% finance contract signed - now company is saying we need to pay £70 as they can't deliver before the end of April 17 and price of car has gone up - I am saying that as we have signed contract this shouldn't be our cost it should be the company ?
Page 1
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 14th Mar 17, 3:12 PM
    • 15,110 Posts
    • 8,539 Thanks
    motorguy
    • 14th Mar 17, 3:12 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 3:12 PM
    signed for a new car mid-february and 0% finance contract signed - now company is saying we need to pay £70 as they can't deliver before the end of April 17 and price of car has gone up - I am saying that as we have signed contract this shouldn't be our cost it should be the company ?
    Originally posted by flower lady
    There will probably be some "best endeavours" type clause in the contract whereby if its delayed outside of their control, they're not liable.

What does the contract say?
    You are not special. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.
    • daveyjp
    • By daveyjp 14th Mar 17, 8:12 PM
    • 6,934 Posts
    • 5,301 Thanks
    daveyjp
    • 14th Mar 17, 8:12 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 8:12 PM
    Answered in another duplicate thread, but my guess is new car tax rates.
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 14th Mar 17, 8:50 PM
    • 15,110 Posts
    • 8,539 Thanks
    motorguy
    • 14th Mar 17, 8:50 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 8:50 PM
    Answered in another duplicate thread, but my guess is new car tax rates.
    Originally posted by daveyjp
    The "end of April" threw me a bit on that, so i didnt think it was, but i take your point.

£70 a year extra is peanuts compared to the depreciation on a new car...
    You are not special. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.
    • iolanthe07
    • By iolanthe07 15th Mar 17, 3:45 PM
    • 4,822 Posts
    • 4,562 Thanks
    iolanthe07
    • 15th Mar 17, 3:45 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 3:45 PM
    You need to read the contract. Typically they have a clause which allows increases if the price to the dealer has gone up.
    I used to think that good grammar is important, but now I know that good wine is importanter.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

125Posts Today

1,891Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin