Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hanger_boy89
    • By Hanger_boy89 14th Mar 17, 3:01 PM
    • 118Posts
    • 8Thanks
    Hanger_boy89
    How long it takes to update...
    • 14th Mar 17, 3:01 PM
    How long it takes to update... 14th Mar 17 at 3:01 PM
    I updated my address on the electoral roll last weekend as I've had to move back to my parents until July when my house has finished being built. How long will it take sites such as Noddle to change their information so that my new address is on there?
Page 1
    • black_wings
    • By black_wings 14th Mar 17, 3:12 PM
    • 71 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    black_wings
    • 14th Mar 17, 3:12 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 3:12 PM
    When I moved last year it took around 3 months for my address to change on the various credit agencies websites. They assured me not to worry about it though. Yours may or may not update quicker.

They said it depends on how often the local authority reports to them with updates.
    • Hanger_boy89
    • By Hanger_boy89 14th Mar 17, 3:25 PM
    • 118 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Hanger_boy89
    • 14th Mar 17, 3:25 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 3:25 PM
    Ok. I've also changed it through my account on Experian but on Noddle it seems to be missing a whole line of the address when I enter the postcode, so I've had to email them to get this rectified!
    • ndf9876
    • By ndf9876 15th Mar 17, 2:20 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    ndf9876
    • 15th Mar 17, 2:20 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 2:20 PM
    From my own experience, Noddle / CallCredit are the slowest of all three CRAs to update their information. I don't know the reasons for this, but as I said, I'm only speaking from my own personal experience.
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 15th Mar 17, 2:44 PM
    • 31,455 Posts
    • 16,811 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 15th Mar 17, 2:44 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 2:44 PM
    Presumably you were on the electoral roll from October 2016 when the new version was issued last month?

If you are, it doesn't really matter about your recent move as no-one expects you to be on the voter's roll at a new address five minutes after you move in.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,517Posts Today

6,287Users online

Martin's Twitter