Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Soul1
    • By Soul1 14th Mar 17, 2:00 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Soul1
    Ideal 7 Year warranty
    • 14th Mar 17, 2:00 PM
    Ideal 7 Year warranty 14th Mar 17 at 2:00 PM
    I'm currently having a warranty issue with Ideal Boilers at the moment. my supplier promised me a 7 year warranty for my boiler and nearly 5 years into this period Ideal used Homeserve to downgrade my warranty to 5 years on a technicality. I wouldnt have noticed it if I didnt read the details on the back of the homeserve letter!
    I phoned homeserve and they said they had been instructed by ideal to do this as even though a 7 year warranty is standard for Ideal the 7 years promotion started 2 months after my installation completed, if thats the case why did it take them nearly 5 years to realise it then use an outsourced company to try to hide this.
    I have phoned Ideal who tried to say it wasnt them but the trade suppliers problem, to which I pointed out that they have known and accepted it was 7 years warranty for nearly the past five years.
    I was phoned by one of their customer managers who said he will phone me back, I'm currently waiting on their response to this but very annoyed about it.
    Last edited by Soul1; 14-03-2017 at 2:03 PM.
Page 1
    • Bogalot
    • By Bogalot 14th Mar 17, 2:11 PM
    • 1,000 Posts
    • 2,577 Thanks
    Bogalot
    • 14th Mar 17, 2:11 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 2:11 PM
    If the supplier gave you the wrong information then your complaint is against them, not Ideal. What has the supplier said?
    • Soul1
    • By Soul1 14th Mar 17, 2:20 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Soul1
    • 14th Mar 17, 2:20 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 2:20 PM
    When I contacted my installer he said the supplier he used to supply the boiler had gone out of business, my issue is that whilst this may well be an Ideal rep just promising the earth to sell boilers, it still registered with Ideal as a 7 year warranty which in turn means they knew it was 7 years sold with the boiler, they have then used Homeserve to try to downgrade the warranty to 5 years, I have a letter from homeserver stating that Ideal requested them to do this. Ideal didnt even send me a letter explaining the issue they just amended it on their system and moved on, this makes me wonder how many other people were promised this!
    if I had know this would happen I would most likely chosen another boiler manufacturer as Ideal's reputation isnt the best, my current boiler has been fixed twice under warranty in its first 5 years.
    Last edited by Soul1; 14-03-2017 at 2:23 PM.
    • bris
    • By bris 14th Mar 17, 2:54 PM
    • 6,721 Posts
    • 5,762 Thanks
    bris
    • 14th Mar 17, 2:54 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 2:54 PM
    Who did you buy the Boiler from the installer who supplied and fitted or the supplier who you then got the installer to fit?

If the installer supplied and fitted it then they are responsible for the information they gave you.
    • Soul1
    • By Soul1 14th Mar 17, 3:03 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Soul1
    • 14th Mar 17, 3:03 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 3:03 PM
    I asked my installer to get me a price on supply and fit of a new boiler. and whilst I understand that may well be the case. The fact that Ideal have known about it being a 7 year warranty and decided to downgrade the cover to 5 years surely means they have known it was sold as having a 7 year warranty with it and as such my warranty problem would be with Ideal? thanks for the replies btw.
    • unholyangel
    • By unholyangel 14th Mar 17, 3:45 PM
    • 11,150 Posts
    • 8,399 Thanks
    unholyangel
    • 14th Mar 17, 3:45 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 3:45 PM
    A guarantee is legally binding on the party offering it since march 2003.

The conditions they offer are treated as a contractual obligation.
    Money doesn't solve poverty.....it creates it.
  • HomeServe company representative
    • 15th Mar 17, 2:05 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 2:05 PM
    Hi there,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We fully appreciate your concerns, and this is something we’d very much like to address. If you could please email us your policy details, we’ll be in touch to discuss further.

You will find our contact details on our profile page. We hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,

Kayleigh
    Here To Help Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of HomeServe. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Soul1
    • By Soul1 16th Mar 17, 9:24 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Soul1
    • 16th Mar 17, 9:24 AM
    • 16th Mar 17, 9:24 AM
    Hi Kayleigh thanks for the reply I have sent some details to the email address in your profile.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

129Posts Today

1,292Users online

Martin's Twitter