Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lemon26
    • By lemon26 14th Mar 17, 1:02 PM
    • 229Posts
    • 46Thanks
    lemon26
    One year to go...
    • 14th Mar 17, 1:02 PM
    One year to go... 14th Mar 17 at 1:02 PM
    Good afternoon All,

I've got one year left on my mortgage, assuming nothing changes, then it'll be paid off in full 18 years early. My question is what should I look at doing next? By the time the mortgage is paid I'll be 34 and have already been putting quite a large amount into a pension (20% of salary incl. employer's contribution), as well as having a preserved pension from the military.

So, what does everyone else do? I'd be grateful for any thoughts, suggestions or opinions please!
Page 1
    • confused_kid
    • By confused_kid 14th Mar 17, 2:12 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    confused_kid
    • 14th Mar 17, 2:12 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 2:12 PM
    Hi Lemon26,

firstly - that's some great news, free by 34 is pretty amazing, and that's a hefty pension contribution too...I am hoping to be mortgage free by 44!

From the sounds of it there's a few that consider buy to let investments. I will most likely move to a job which is less pay but more enjoyable perhaps...or just live a less stressful life...most likely the kids will be considering Uni/first house so I'll probably start saving to help them out.

I think there's a separate thread on the front page of mortgage free section too for people in your 'What next' position. Good luck. Nice position to be in.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,045Posts Today

5,323Users online

Martin's Twitter