Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • csnann
    • By csnann 14th Mar 17, 12:50 PM
    • 427Posts
    • 390Thanks
    csnann
    How Long Before Universal Credit Sends Award Letter?
    • 14th Mar 17, 12:50 PM
    How Long Before Universal Credit Sends Award Letter? 14th Mar 17 at 12:50 PM
    I applied for Universal Credit on the 1st of February and was told during the application process that I would receive the first payment on the 15th March. I was expecting to get an award letter from them by now, does anyone know how long it usually takes?
    I am worried because after I went for the initial interview I got a letter from them saying that I had to produce evidence to support my claim, but when I phoned to find out what they wanted, they said that it was computer generated and everything was in order. I am wondering if thay might have closed my claim by mistake.
Page 1
    • pmlindyloo
    • By pmlindyloo 14th Mar 17, 1:17 PM
    • 10,507 Posts
    • 12,423 Thanks
    pmlindyloo
    • 14th Mar 17, 1:17 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 1:17 PM
    I applied for Universal Credit on the 1st of February and was told during the application process that I would receive the first payment on the 15th March. I was expecting to get an award letter from them by now, does anyone know how long it usually takes?
    I am worried because after I went for the initial interview I got a letter from them saying that I had to produce evidence to support my claim, but when I phoned to find out what they wanted, they said that it was computer generated and everything was in order. I am wondering if thay might have closed my claim by mistake.
    Originally posted by csnann
    The only way you are going to find out is to ring them.
    • Mersey
    • By Mersey 14th Mar 17, 9:21 PM
    • 1,482 Posts
    • 708 Thanks
    Mersey
    • 14th Mar 17, 9:21 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 9:21 PM
    The DWP do not send UC award letters (as they do with JSA etc).

Sadly even some JCP staff are unaware of this (as they don't administer UC claims in the same way they do JSA claims).

But, if you don't receive a payment tomorrow, give the national UC contact centre a call and ask them to check whether the claim is all set up etc - ad ask them to open a complaint if it isn't, as unfortunately there are many errors with UC claims at this initial stage.

You will receive a letter each month detailing the payment due in future though (and this will be the case even if you begin work).
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

154Posts Today

1,782Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin