Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • justlaugh2
    • By justlaugh2 14th Mar 17, 11:53 AM
    • 238Posts
    • 72Thanks
    justlaugh2
    Redundancy calculation
    • 14th Mar 17, 11:53 AM
    Redundancy calculation 14th Mar 17 at 11:53 AM
    Hi everyone,
    Was wondering if anyone would be able to clarify or shed some light on this situation. I've googled and searched and don't seem to be able to find an answer.
    I have 2 jobs
    Job no1:
    26 hours a week been there 9 years
    Job no 2:
    40 hours a week. Been there 9 months

Job no 1 has been under threat of closure for more years than I care to remember but was given 6 months notice to vacate by landlord in October. (Vacate premises 14th April) We all know that this will mean the end for our employer. As of yet, we have still not been given any letters or notice of redundancy. The business owner has a meeting today with an insolvency company, I also know that there is no money to pay redundancy payments and no significant assets to dissolve. so I'm certain that the end is in sight.

My main question as I have found out most of my answers regarding redundancy payments and what is due etc already is

Will my 2nd job reduce the amount of notice pay I might be entitled to?

On various websites it says benefits JSA or income from new employment will affect the payment but nothing about 2nd current job. I do not receive any benefits nor do I believe I am entitled to them as I have a full time job as well. With no rent/mortgage to pay (living with and caring for my disabled dad)

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Page 1
    • Scorpio33
    • By Scorpio33 14th Mar 17, 12:01 PM
    • 452 Posts
    • 650 Thanks
    Scorpio33
    • 14th Mar 17, 12:01 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 12:01 PM
    No, the two jobs are separate, therefore any notice on job 1 is not affected by job 2.
    • justlaugh2
    • By justlaugh2 14th Mar 17, 12:12 PM
    • 238 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    justlaugh2
    • 14th Mar 17, 12:12 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 12:12 PM
    Thank you Scorpio
    That was a super speedy reply, much appreciated and answered my question in full
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,030Posts Today

6,314Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin