Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • uptdale
    • By uptdale 14th Mar 17, 10:46 AM
    • 34Posts
    • 19Thanks
    uptdale
    Correcting errors in the MSE Credit Club credit report
    • 14th Mar 17, 10:46 AM
    Correcting errors in the MSE Credit Club credit report 14th Mar 17 at 10:46 AM
    I am trying to correct an error on the credit report. When I go to the FAQ, it tells me "If you spot an error, using the Experian 'Need some help' support, you can query any entry you feel is incorrect and Experian can then look into this for you." But where do I find the Experian 'Need some help' support? I have tried every link I can think of but cannot find it.
Page 1
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 14th Mar 17, 9:37 PM
    • 1,668 Posts
    • 679 Thanks
    Ben8282
    • 14th Mar 17, 9:37 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 9:37 PM
    What exactly is the nature of the error?
    • uptdale
    • By uptdale 14th Mar 17, 9:52 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    uptdale
    • 14th Mar 17, 9:52 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 9:52 PM
    The report says I'm not on the electoral roll, but I am (and have been for 4 years here) - I just checked with the Council.
    • MSE Chris
    • By MSE Chris 15th Mar 17, 9:56 AM
    • 46 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    MSE Chris
    • 15th Mar 17, 9:56 AM
    • 15th Mar 17, 9:56 AM
    The report says I'm not on the electoral roll, but I am (and have been for 4 years here) - I just checked with the Council.
    Originally posted by uptdale
    Hi there,

If your report is not showing you’re on the Electoral Roll and have no records in this section, you won't currently see the 'Need some help' button on this page.

But there is another way to raise a dispute through Credit Club, if you go to the 'Credit Accounts' section and click the 'Expand all' button (), you should see the 'Need some help?' button under any of your accounts. It looks like this:

Click any of the ‘Need some help’ buttons and select the appropriate question from the drop down, click 'yes' under 'still need help?'.

As the team over at Experian picks up these disputes, they will have 28 days to contact the organisation who provides it with the record and make corrections which will show when your report updates following the response.
    Last edited by MSE Chris; 15-03-2017 at 9:59 AM.
    • uptdale
    • By uptdale 15th Mar 17, 10:57 AM
    • 34 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    uptdale
    • 15th Mar 17, 10:57 AM
    • 15th Mar 17, 10:57 AM
    Thanks. It's a bit odd - when I checked yesterday I could not see any "Need some help?" buttons anywhere, but now I can. I was showing as having been on the electoral roll in the past at my previous address, so I clicked on "Need some help?" there and submitted my query. Let's hope that works.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,140Posts Today

9,477Users online

Martin's Twitter