Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 14th Mar 17, 9:32 AM
    • 7,871Posts
    • 9,773Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Where did I put it?
    • 14th Mar 17, 9:32 AM
    Where did I put it? 14th Mar 17 at 9:32 AM

Have you ever, put something away, then forgotten where you have put it?

It's driving me mad, as I can't remember where I put some important documents.
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
Page 1
    • PompeyPete
    • By PompeyPete 14th Mar 17, 11:08 AM
    • 4,247 Posts
    • 5,314 Thanks
    PompeyPete
    • 14th Mar 17, 11:08 AM
    • 14th Mar 17, 11:08 AM
    We've moved house 20 times since getting married in 1976. We run a very tidy ship and anything that doesn't get used we bin when we move.....even the garage only has 2 push-bikes and a bit of gardening equipment in it, and the loft is as good as empty.

But on the odd occasion I do misplace something I usually blame the cook, and she sniffs it out.

I was in Bangkok recently, and thought I'd lost my very handy Victorinox Swiss Card. I carry it everywhere, use it all the time.....but it was gone and I was v.sad.

Three days later, in Hanoi, I found it it in a net pocket in by backpack......so happy, but a bit spooked too.

The Swiss Card isn't very big, most of the components are stainless steel.....and the Card had sailed through undetected at the Security X-Ray machine at Don Muang Airport in Bangkok.

Just been doing a bit of gardening, and using the scissors from the Swiss Card to clean muck out of my nails.

I've mislaid important documents before, and found them paper-clipped to other documents.
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 14th Mar 17, 11:30 AM
    • 7,871 Posts
    • 9,773 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    • 14th Mar 17, 11:30 AM
    • 14th Mar 17, 11:30 AM
    Oh Posh Pete I am glad you had a lovely holiday. Did you wear your gilet?

I am such a ditsy blonde, I will ransack all my paperwork today!
    The trouble is, I had to deal with 2 deaths, then 2 relatives going into care, all at the same time.
    So I expect I have muddled the documents.
    Tips x
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 14th Mar 17, 12:09 PM
    • 39,707 Posts
    • 79,472 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 14th Mar 17, 12:09 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 12:09 PM
    I often spend time thinking about the hereafter.

I walk into a room and think, "what am I here-after?"

I was once working on replacing a clutch on my car. I was lying on my back under the car and managed to lose a spanner even though I knew it must be within arm's reach. I searched and re-searched, checking and re-checking all the tools within reach, and my toolbox, all to no avail.

Six weeks later I found it when I opened the bonnet and looked down. There was my spanner sitting on top of a chassis rail. I must have reached up and parked it there and then forgotten I had done so. It would have been easily within arm's reach but out of sight when I put it there.

My memory isn't what it used to ... um ... you know ... thingummy, even though I was in my twenties when this happened.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • PompeyPete
    • By PompeyPete 14th Mar 17, 12:38 PM
    • 4,247 Posts
    • 5,314 Thanks
    PompeyPete
    • 14th Mar 17, 12:38 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 12:38 PM
    Oh Posh Pete I am glad you had a lovely holiday. Did you wear your gilet?
    Originally posted by Tipsntreats
    Thanks Tips. Wore my gilet every day, practically all the time. The zipped inside pockets concealed a plastic envelope with £950 in new £50 notes, and another plastic envelope with an ever diminishing wad of US$ and €uros. The US$ and €uros were left-overs from other trips. Never felt the money was at risk.....gilets are great, and it only cost £15 from our local market.

The cook carried all the local money, Thai baht and Vietnamese dong [£1 = 28,500 dong!].....she's the one who spends the local stuff so she's the best person to look after it.
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 14th Mar 17, 1:08 PM
    • 7,871 Posts
    • 9,773 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    • 14th Mar 17, 1:08 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 1:08 PM
    Dong! Well you learn something new everyday.
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 14th Mar 17, 1:49 PM
    • 39,707 Posts
    • 79,472 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 14th Mar 17, 1:49 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 1:49 PM

Have you ever, put something away, then forgotten where you have put it?

It's driving me mad, as I can't remember where I put some important documents.
    I expect they will be with your marbles. You lost them a log time ago I believe.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • PompeyPete
    • By PompeyPete 14th Mar 17, 2:42 PM
    • 4,247 Posts
    • 5,314 Thanks
    PompeyPete
    • 14th Mar 17, 2:42 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 2:42 PM
    Dong! Well you learn something new everyday.
    You can learn two things today, both about the dong...

http://www.nomadicnotes.com/the-dong/

Just imagine all those black jacks and fruit salads.
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 14th Mar 17, 2:52 PM
    • 7,871 Posts
    • 9,773 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    • 14th Mar 17, 2:52 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 2:52 PM
    Well! I am well and truly Donged! If that is a word?

Etymology
    The word đồng derives from the Chinese t!ng qi!n, which refers to Chinese bronze coins from the dynastic periods of China and Vietnam.

In Vietnamese a “d” with a strike through it (đ) is a hard d, while a regular d is soft, sounding like y or z, depending on which pronunciation of Vietnamese you use. For the purpose of this article đồng has been anglicized to dong.

The currency symbol is ₫.
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,417Posts Today

9,222Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin