Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Vinho
    • By Vinho 14th Mar 17, 8:19 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Vinho
    Bought New Home - Lots of Problems!
    • 14th Mar 17, 8:19 AM
    Bought New Home - Lots of Problems! 14th Mar 17 at 8:19 AM
    Hi All,

Any guidance would be great.

We purchased a new house and after moving in started to find lots of problems that hadn't been disclosed.

To cut a (very) long story short, my main worry is that we were told by a plumber we had around that there looked like both upstairs bathroom and ensuite had flooded and signs showed the downstairs ceiling had come in. Our new neighbours had mentioned they thought the house had a serious leak and had seen the seller go in and out with mop/bucket etc. On inspection the patch up looks sloppy and perhaps seller took insurance money and patched up himself. I'm worried it has not been repaired to a good standard and there maybe problems in future.

The home report was all 1s (which I find incredible now) and the seller had completed questionnaire saying there had been no problems.

My questions are
    1) Do I have any options open to me?
    2) Is there any ways I can find out previous claim history on the address?

Thanks!
Page 1
    • Doozergirl
    • By Doozergirl 14th Mar 17, 8:29 AM
    • 22,917 Posts
    • 64,509 Thanks
    Doozergirl
    • 14th Mar 17, 8:29 AM
    • 14th Mar 17, 8:29 AM
    A short flood caused by a leak would usually only really affect the plasterboard if it were soaked through and cause it to come down.

It's longer term slow leaks that can cause longer term issues.

If there isn't evidence now of an ongoing problem, then you're unlikely to find one in the future.

What is the current problem and what are you expecting to go wrong from here?
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

273Posts Today

3,649Users online

Martin's Twitter