Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • davidz
    • By davidz 14th Mar 17, 9:10 AM
    • 11Posts
    • 0Thanks
    davidz
    Question following use of inheritance isa
    • 14th Mar 17, 9:10 AM
    Question following use of inheritance isa 14th Mar 17 at 9:10 AM
    Dear Readers

Last year we lost my father sadly. My mum inherited my fathers ISA, this was transferred to her name, by use of the inheritance isa product. The provider of the isa was Nationwide, as was the isa originally when my father held it.

Now my question is can my mother subscribe into her stocks and shares isa, which is with a different provider. She did not pay anything into her isa in the current year and it was kind of my understanding that she could do -- as the inheritance isa is a separate allowance.

My worry is that i read somewhere you can only subscribe to one provider in the year. I would be most grateful if someone could clarify for me

Thank you kindly for your assistance
Page 1
    • le loup
    • By le loup 14th Mar 17, 9:48 AM
    • 3,447 Posts
    • 3,191 Thanks
    le loup
    • 14th Mar 17, 9:48 AM
    • 14th Mar 17, 9:48 AM
    Yes she can.
    The "one provider" issue relates to new money paid into an ISA. And then you can have two if one is cash and the other is S&S.
    Provided she has not paid in, in her own name during a current tax year, she may use her allowance in any split of cash or S&S ISAs.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,707Posts Today

7,471Users online

Martin's Twitter