Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Woody26
    • By Woody26 13th Mar 17, 9:40 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Woody26
    Dmp on credit file
    • 13th Mar 17, 9:40 PM
    Dmp on credit file 13th Mar 17 at 9:40 PM
    DMP on credit file
    Good evening,
    Good evening,

I was wondering if I could get some advice. I started a debt management plan in December 2011. As a consequence of this I received a number of defaults which will likely fall off of my account early next year.

However, there were a few accounts (Barclaycard, Vanquis, MBNA) who instead of defaulting me, added a note to my credit file stating 'debt management programme' with a start and finish date (most of which are incorrect dates).

I have spoken to a mortgage advisor who has stated that some mortgage companies require you to wait until 3-6 years after the DMP is completed as opposed to the date you started the DMP before they would consider you for a mortgage. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Also, is there any likelihood that if I wrote to the companies these notes would be removed, the debts with these companies has now all been settled.

I find it hard to believe that a default drops of 6 years from start date however a note on a file regarding a debt management plan stays on for 6 years until this has been satisfied.

Thank you in advance
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

356Posts Today

3,009Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin