Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • melchior
    • By melchior 13th Mar 17, 8:37 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    melchior
    Free Car Insurance with new car - Had Accident - What now for my no claims bonus?
    • 13th Mar 17, 8:37 PM
    Free Car Insurance with new car - Had Accident - What now for my no claims bonus? 13th Mar 17 at 8:37 PM
    I bought a new VW car in November 2016 and was offered free car insurance by VW which I took up. Unfortunately I had an accident which was my fault in February 2017.

Prior to November 2016 I had built up 9+ year NCB with other insurers.

In November 2017, I will have to buy new car insurance but don't know how I will be affected regarding my NCB. VW Insurance have never asked for proof of this in my free insurance but I have kept the NCB notice from my previous insurer when I ended their insurance in November 2016 prior to buying the new car.

My question is what steps can I take so that my NCB is not reset to 0 in November 2017 ?
Page 1
    • Morph4610
    • By Morph4610 14th Mar 17, 8:45 AM
    • 88 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Morph4610
    • 14th Mar 17, 8:45 AM
    • 14th Mar 17, 8:45 AM
    Melchior, your 9 years NCB will still stand in Nov 2017 as you didn't claim under the policy the NCB related to. Your new insurers will factor in that you've had a fault claim but hopefully your maximum NCB entitlement will help keep the premium reasonable
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 15th Mar 17, 8:40 AM
    • 4,047 Posts
    • 2,335 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 15th Mar 17, 8:40 AM
    • 15th Mar 17, 8:40 AM
    If your ncb was protected then while your premium will go up the discount will reduce the impact. If it wasn't protected you may well find you are paying a lot more
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

304Posts Today

3,605Users online

Martin's Twitter