Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BOBS
    • By BOBS 13th Mar 17, 7:46 PM
    • 2,652Posts
    • 1,986Thanks
    BOBS
    Danske - package fees
    • 13th Mar 17, 7:46 PM
    Danske - package fees 13th Mar 17 at 7:46 PM
    I always looked at all the posts about reclaiming on missold PPI's etc and thought it wouldnt apply to us as we never paid payment protection on any of our current loans - may have done on old car finance HP agreements - but no paperwork or recollection of the companies involved .
    Post came up on facebook tonight by MSE about bank charges!! - now we do pay these !!
    Pay £11 per month for our current a/c with Danske (Northern Ireland bank) and have done for many years - we were told it was the only way to get the mortgage that we currently have without incurring extra remortgage fees. Perks are free travel insurance, and free overdraft - which is rarely used but good as a back up I suppose.
    If I do go ahead and fill in the resolver form on the link - would this affect our mortgage - only have about four years left to pay and dont want the hassle of having to change it.
Page 1
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 13th Mar 17, 8:10 PM
    • 1,944 Posts
    • 848 Thanks
    Ben8282
    • 13th Mar 17, 8:10 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 8:10 PM
    Yes they will immediately cancel your mortgage and demand immediate full repayment.
    • Heng Leng
    • By Heng Leng 14th Mar 17, 1:06 PM
    • 3,935 Posts
    • 1,202 Thanks
    Heng Leng
    • 14th Mar 17, 1:06 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 1:06 PM
    Yes they will immediately cancel your mortgage and demand immediate full repayment.
    Originally posted by Ben8282
    Do you just make rubbish up as you go along ?
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 14th Mar 17, 1:09 PM
    • 6,563 Posts
    • 8,055 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 14th Mar 17, 1:09 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 1:09 PM
    Originally posted by Heng Leng
    I think you missed a hint of ironic humour.
    • Heng Leng
    • By Heng Leng 14th Mar 17, 1:58 PM
    • 3,935 Posts
    • 1,202 Thanks
    Heng Leng
    • 14th Mar 17, 1:58 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 1:58 PM
    I think you missed a hint of ironic humour.
    Originally posted by PeacefulWaters
    It's hard to tell with some posters on here
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 14th Mar 17, 8:59 PM
    • 1,944 Posts
    • 848 Thanks
    Ben8282
    • 14th Mar 17, 8:59 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 8:59 PM
    Originally posted by Heng Leng
    Yes actually. When I read an OP from somebody who has been paying for a packaged bank account for years and suddenly decides to try to con the bank out of all the fees that they have been paying for years, not because of any genuine mis-selling but because they read something in a facebook post, it has that effect on me.
    • Shakin Steve
    • By Shakin Steve 14th Mar 17, 9:18 PM
    • 821 Posts
    • 609 Thanks
    Shakin Steve
    • 14th Mar 17, 9:18 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 9:18 PM
    Yes actually. When I read an OP from somebody who has been paying for a packaged bank account for years and suddenly decides to try to con the bank out of all the fees that they have been paying for years, not because of any genuine mis-selling but because they read something in a facebook post, it has that effect on me.
    Yes. But, surely, if this money is being doled out left, right and centre, shouldn't we all have some? Why should it just be people who were missold PPI or packaged accounts? I've been a loyal customer for years, and, well.........I WANT SOME! NOW!
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
    • BOBS
    • By BOBS 14th Mar 17, 9:32 PM
    • 2,652 Posts
    • 1,986 Thanks
    BOBS
    • 14th Mar 17, 9:32 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 9:32 PM
    I am not trying to con the bank out of fees - I was told that the only way I could remortgage - to add around £10k onto a £40k mortgage was to have this particular account for which I had to pay £11 per month - in our naivety we didnt think to question this. Up to you if you think this is genuine mis-selling or not, should we not have been given an option whereby we didnt need to pay a packaged fee.
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 14th Mar 17, 9:39 PM
    • 17,875 Posts
    • 13,560 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 14th Mar 17, 9:39 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 9:39 PM
    I am not trying to con the bank out of fees - I was told that the only way I could remortgage - to add around £10k onto a £40k mortgage was to have this particular account for which I had to pay £11 per month - in our naivety we didnt think to question this. Up to you if you think this is genuine mis-selling or not, should we not have been given an option whereby we didnt need to pay a packaged fee.
    Originally posted by BOBS
    You did have an option - take your business elsewhere! You chose to accept Danske's condition for offering you the mortgage, what makes you think you can change your mind now?
    • BOBS
    • By BOBS 14th Mar 17, 9:57 PM
    • 2,652 Posts
    • 1,986 Thanks
    BOBS
    You did have an option - take your business elsewhere! You chose to accept Danske's condition for offering you the mortgage, what makes you think you can change your mind now?
    Originally posted by agrinnall
    what about the numerous others who appear to be reclaiming now ...........
    • MyOnlyPost
    • By MyOnlyPost 14th Mar 17, 10:23 PM
    • 1,514 Posts
    • 1,023 Thanks
    MyOnlyPost
    I agree if you were told that you had to have a packaged account to get the mortgage this is misselling unless the mortgage is only available to customers who hold that account
    It may sometimes seem like I can't spell, I can, I just can't type
    • veryintrigued
    • By veryintrigued 15th Mar 17, 7:24 AM
    • 1,967 Posts
    • 1,208 Thanks
    veryintrigued
    what about the numerous others who appear to be reclaiming now ...........
    Originally posted by BOBS
    Get a grip and use your own morales to decide on what you should or shouldn't do rather than 'everyone else is doing it' type of argument.
    Last edited by veryintrigued; 15-03-2017 at 7:28 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,143Posts Today

5,241Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin