Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sazb64
    • By Sazb64 13th Mar 17, 6:26 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sazb64
    Putting debts together
    • 13th Mar 17, 6:26 PM
    Putting debts together 13th Mar 17 at 6:26 PM
    Hi all,

I wondered if anyone can help, I have 2 debts totalling 2600, each with about 40-50% interest. I am just about paying the minimum but only just. I have been looking for a way to combine them into one debt, with one of of interest and paying it off monthly. But only seem to be able to find things for people who are in unmanageable debt! I have looked at balance transfers but as I'm part time my income isn't great (although me and my partner put out money together I believe they only take my own income into account?) so it looks like I can't afford it so can't get one! (Only done the pre approval check not gone right in and applied as worried I'll be denied!)
    Anyone been in my situation and found a way?!
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 13th Mar 17, 6:47 PM
    • 10,859 Posts
    • 10,768 Thanks
    zx81
    • 13th Mar 17, 6:47 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 6:47 PM
    With rates like that, you credit history is probably not the best. That means further borrowing is unlikely.

Visit the DFW boards for advice on cutting costs so you can throw more at the debts.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

901Posts Today

6,871Users online

Martin's Twitter