Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • smudgesmum
    • By smudgesmum 13th Mar 17, 6:25 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 6Thanks
    smudgesmum
    Lidls and Athena ANPR
    • 13th Mar 17, 6:25 PM
    Lidls and Athena ANPR 13th Mar 17 at 6:25 PM
    Hi, I have spent the afternoon trawling this section having come back from holiday to find a letter from Athena on the doormat.
    Two points I am curious about. Is it ok for them to take a photo of my husband's car that shows my face behind the steering wheel? Im not sure its ok to take photos of people without asking.(admitedly its a very small picture). Also am I correct in thinking that Lidls have an arrangement with Athena that means that the supermarket takes the lions share of the parking fines?
    When I went into the store on Saturday and tried to talk to the manager, I was referred to the security guard and told he knew more about the situation than the 'duty' manager who was washing the floor. He assured me that it was nothing to do with Lidls, and so it was no good speaking to the manager or indeed anyone in store. He wished me luck in a very negative way.
    The 'offence' occured on 17th Feb, the 'civil parking charge notice' was issued on 21st Feb but,having been on holiday, I didn't find it until 10th March. Is it too late for my husband to write to them using your proforma letter, as the notice is addressed to him as the car owner?
    If Lidl are in fact in receipt of the very hefty parking charge (90 pounds) does this alter any aspect of the best approach to this case, apart from my making it clear to them that they have certainly lost my custom.
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Mar 17, 7:06 PM
    • 50,061 Posts
    • 63,457 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Mar 17, 7:06 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 7:06 PM
    Post #305 of the Successful Complaints thread showed what to do (AGAIN) only this weekend:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4766249&page=11

We hope you will already have seen that thread linked when you read 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST' before you posted. That's why the sticky thread tells you to complain to the CEO first, and why the linked thread gives the email address to use to quash this. If I were you, I would bung in a complaint about how bloody unhelpful the Store was too.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Redx
    • By Redx 13th Mar 17, 7:16 PM
    • 15,515 Posts
    • 19,598 Thanks
    Redx
    • 13th Mar 17, 7:16 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 7:16 PM
    as above, and yes they can take photos and yes the keeper should send in the correct template asap, but a landowner complaint is the best method of cancellation
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

252Posts Today

1,896Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin