Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sponz
    • By Sponz 13th Mar 17, 5:10 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sponz
    Rental Car insurance - alleged damage
    • 13th Mar 17, 5:10 PM
    Rental Car insurance - alleged damage 13th Mar 17 at 5:10 PM
    Hi,

I hired a van from Enterprise cars last Thursday. Arranged to pick it up at 10am. It wasn't there so when it arrived it was a quick turnaround by one of their graduate trainees. I was told to check the car over and any damage that was within a certain size, think it was approx 5cm by 3cm block, it would be logged. All seemed fine. Drove it off, all fine in the trip, no issues. I came to drop if off this morning and was told they were keeping my £200 deposit due to a chip in the windscreen. I wasn't even aware of any chip! I was fuming. Anyway, they pointed it out and I am not kidding, it was the size of a speck of dirt and I wouldn't have noticed it. I didn't notice it! I couldn't get a photo of it as it wouldn't have been picked up against the general dirt on the windscreen. I know it's my word against theirs and you have to sign your life away when you pick a car up but there is no way I would have spotted it at pick up. I believe it was there before I even picked up the car. One of their other employees even said to me that they wouldn't have noticed it. I'm absolutely fuming. I feel like I've been robbed. Any advice? Thanks.
Page 1
    • Sponz
    • By Sponz 13th Mar 17, 5:47 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sponz
    • 13th Mar 17, 5:47 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 5:47 PM
    Update - I tweeted them. We DM'ed and within 5 minutes I had a call to say the £200 was refunded in full and that the windscreen repair people had assessed the "damage" and that it was so minute there was no need for a repair! I am happy that I have my refund but there is no way I will use Enterprise ever again.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

727Posts Today

6,460Users online

Martin's Twitter