Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Worried Girl
    • By Worried Girl 13th Mar 17, 4:48 PM
    • 91Posts
    • 54Thanks
    Worried Girl
    Getting creditor to change default date?
    • 13th Mar 17, 4:48 PM
    Getting creditor to change default date? 13th Mar 17 at 4:48 PM
    Hi

I entered a Debt Arrangement Scheme (DAS) Scotland in October 2011. From this I now have 3 defaults my credit file. M&S and RBS have marked default from the date I entered this scheme (27.10.11) however MBNA have marked the default April 2012.

I have just had a baby and we are desperately hoping to be able to get a mortgage once the defaults have gone and were hoping for the end of this year. Is there anything I can do to get MBNS to change the date to 27.10.11?

Many thanks
Page 1
    • ashp
    • By ashp 13th Mar 17, 8:23 PM
    • 403 Posts
    • 133 Thanks
    ashp
    • 13th Mar 17, 8:23 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 8:23 PM
    Hi,

It's worth contacting them to ask however it's unlikely they will change this. A default is normally registered on your credit report 3-6 months from the date you went in to arrears.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

219Posts Today

1,485Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin