Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • metalmickey290
    • By metalmickey290 13th Mar 17, 4:23 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    metalmickey290
    PPI Claim Marsh Finance
    • 13th Mar 17, 4:23 PM
    PPI Claim Marsh Finance 13th Mar 17 at 4:23 PM
    I have recently contacted Marsh Finance through the Resolver website about reclaiming PPI on a hire purchase agreement, to which i have received this response below: -

The hire-purchase agreement we entered into included PPI that was negotiated wholly by Carcraft, the dealer. Carcraft are in administration so please direct your query directly to Grant Thornton UK LLP who is the appointed administrator. They can be contacted at carcraft@uk.gt.com .

Can some one advise as I am surmising that Marsh Finance were the ones who give me the car loan they must be responsible for the PPI. I am basing this on that if I had to purchased a vehicle from a main dealer then i would not try to claim from them but from the actual lender e.g. black horse
    Last edited by metalmickey290; 13-03-2017 at 4:31 PM. Reason: further information given
Page 1
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 13th Mar 17, 4:39 PM
    • 18,524 Posts
    • 8,748 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 13th Mar 17, 4:39 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 4:39 PM
    I am surmising that Marsh Finance were the ones who give me the car loan they must be responsible for the PPI.
    Originally posted by metalmickey290
    Why are you "surmising" anything when you have been told categorically that you have to chase Carcraft?
    That dealer sold you the insurance and it is to them (now their administrator) that you direct any complaint.

How long ago was this? If prior to 2005, you are facing an uphill battle whoever you complain to because the sale won't have been regulated and you will have no access to FSCS or the Ombudsman.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 13th Mar 17, 4:41 PM
    • 87,716 Posts
    • 52,956 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 13th Mar 17, 4:41 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 4:41 PM
    Can some one advise as I am surmising that Marsh Finance were the ones who give me the car loan they must be responsible for the PPI.
    The lender is not responsible.

I am basing this on that if I had to purchased a vehicle from a main dealer then i would not try to claim from them but from the actual lender e.g. black horse
    No. you complain to the car dealer. Remember you are not complaining about the product. You are complaining about the sales process. Who sold it to you? The dealer.

Dealers become regulated in January 2005 and are required to consider complaints about PPI sales that were made after Jan 2005. They can reject pre-regulation complaints as being before regulation.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,868Posts Today

4,519Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just leaving Manchester after the funeral of my beloved grandma Gladys who passed away last night. https://t.co/nuC9ry5mP6

• The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Follow Martin