Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mrhall
    • By Mrhall 13th Mar 17, 3:56 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Mrhall
    0 WOW
    Travelrepublic & Closed bank account!
    • 13th Mar 17, 3:56 PM
    0 WOW
    Travelrepublic & Closed bank account! 13th Mar 17 at 3:56 PM
    Hello. Love this site but for the first time I need a bit of help.

At the end of January I took an IVA and closed some accounts. Like my Lloyd's. OK so fast forward to now where I realise that maybe I shouldn't be going on holiday while trying to get finances back on track.

So I ring Travelrepublic and ask if possible to cancel my holiday. While yes I'd get £104 to my current account. 74 was paid by a Lloyd's account which is now closed. They said that they still have to send to this closed account and it should get bounced back and they would send a cheque.

OK a week later I have my £104 in my current account and I ring about the money sent to my closed Lloyd's account. They said it's been sent it's been approved there's nothing they can do. I've been paid basically. Lloyds are saying that since its been closed since beginning of February it's not possible to be even go anywhere and should bounce back to Travelrepublic. Travelrepublic then said that they don't deal with money going back to them (even though in the beginning they said they'd send a cheque if bounced back) there's nothing they can do. I've been paid goodbye. Lloyds have said I'll have to deal with whoever Travelrepublic banks with.
    I have no idea what to do??

Thanks for help. Lee x
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,986Posts Today

7,532Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin