Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ninjashade314
    • By ninjashade314 13th Mar 17, 3:15 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 1Thanks
    ninjashade314
    What happens after the OR interview?
    • 13th Mar 17, 3:15 PM
    What happens after the OR interview? 13th Mar 17 at 3:15 PM
    I have been trying to find information about what happens after the OR interview (telephone or face-to-face) but could not find any useful info. So I have had the BR approved last Friday, had a call from the insolvency service and now have my record on their online system. Just now waiting for contact from the OR.

After the interview with the OR, are there usually further contact between the BR and the OR during the 1 year period? I am curious as I am planning to move to Germany in the next few weeks and am worried if I need to be present in the UK for any on-the-spot interview or checks.
Page 1
    • peterkay369
    • By peterkay369 13th Mar 17, 3:54 PM
    • 161 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    peterkay369
    • 13th Mar 17, 3:54 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 3:54 PM
    My bankruptcy was approved beginning of Feb and OR interview mid Feb. Since then I've had 1 letter asking me to sign a couple of forms and provide a few documents but haven't heard a peep since
    • luvchocolate
    • By luvchocolate 13th Mar 17, 4:06 PM
    • 1,479 Posts
    • 1,330 Thanks
    luvchocolate
    • 13th Mar 17, 4:06 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 4:06 PM
    Every case is different I had a lot of contact with mine, as long as you keep them up to date with your address and circumstances you should be fine.
    • london1973
    • By london1973 14th Mar 17, 8:49 AM
    • 328 Posts
    • 91 Thanks
    london1973
    • 14th Mar 17, 8:49 AM
    • 14th Mar 17, 8:49 AM
    I am 5 months from my BR date and have had zero contact, despite a few open-ended matters from the interview itself

I would suggest you specify that you would like to communicate over email during the course of your BR, (I was asked at the interview if this was my preferred channel) - get his/her email and then politely email after the interview confirming this is what you agreed (so you have a trail if it's ever questioned)
    • worriedmamma
    • By worriedmamma 18th Mar 17, 2:20 PM
    • 159 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    worriedmamma
    • 18th Mar 17, 2:20 PM
    • 18th Mar 17, 2:20 PM
    Every case is completely different. I have had no contact from the OR since my application last September. The only time I've spoken to him was when I contacted him about something.
    • ninjashade314
    • By ninjashade314 20th Mar 17, 9:29 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ninjashade314
    • 20th Mar 17, 9:29 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 9:29 PM
    Every case is completely different. I have had no contact from the OR since my application last September. The only time I've spoken to him was when I contacted him about something.
    Originally posted by worriedmamma
    No contact means you didn't even have the initial telephone/face-to-face interview?
    My OR wants a face-to-face interview next week so I am getting a little nervous....
    • CynicalReader
    • By CynicalReader 29th Mar 17, 9:18 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    CynicalReader
    • 29th Mar 17, 9:18 PM
    • 29th Mar 17, 9:18 PM
    Like a previous comment I had a few loose ends after my interview but didn't hear anything the whole way through. I actually called them a few days after my discharge to confirm that I didn't need to do anything. The girl on the phone said ah ok let me check your file *tapping on keyboard* okay I've updated your file you don't need to do anything or cooperate with us any further as you're now discharged.
    • rockingbilly
    • By rockingbilly 30th Mar 17, 12:56 PM
    • 838 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    rockingbilly
    • 30th Mar 17, 12:56 PM
    • 30th Mar 17, 12:56 PM
    No contact means you didn't even have the initial telephone/face-to-face interview?
    My OR wants a face-to-face interview next week so I am getting a little nervous....
    Originally posted by ninjashade314
    It all depends on the examiner. The vast majority of cases are dealt with via the telephone. Only the ones that need a more in depth investigation are seen face to face.

Just to give you an example some years ago an examiner would be given approx. 12 new cases a month and be expected to settle the same number. Then the DG informed the offices that examiners would be expected to take on up to 24 new cases a month and settle a similar number. Obviously this has meant that more cases are dealt with via the telephone/no contact at all now where previously it would have been a face to face interview carried out under the Perjury Act.

So for it to be a face to face interview something has caught the examiners eye and wants to investigate it further.
    • luvchocolate
    • By luvchocolate 30th Mar 17, 1:44 PM
    • 1,479 Posts
    • 1,330 Thanks
    luvchocolate
    • 30th Mar 17, 1:44 PM
    • 30th Mar 17, 1:44 PM
    Please do not allow anyone to scare you of a face to face interview it does not mean you have done anything wrong!
    I had one because it was a complicated case with 3 properties, a lying ex and a declaration of trust.
    I was treated with the utmost of respect from the examiner and the trustee appointed to deal with my case.
    Just be honest.
    • london1973
    • By london1973 30th Mar 17, 3:57 PM
    • 328 Posts
    • 91 Thanks
    london1973
    yes will echo luvchocloate, my face to face was very civil and brief, ending in a warm hand-shake and a 'good luck'!
    I owed a vast amount to HMRC who declared me BR so the OR deemed a face to face appropriate, which I fully expected-
    • micky2phones
    • By micky2phones 30th Mar 17, 4:34 PM
    • 291 Posts
    • 234 Thanks
    micky2phones
    Hi, Much like the others have said.

In my case i had a IMO a new employee or a trainee as mine was easy but i had question he couldnt answer so someone else ending up dealing with me.

All that said they were profeaaional and courteous
    • worriedmamma
    • By worriedmamma 5th Apr 17, 7:41 PM
    • 159 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    worriedmamma
    Sorry to be unclear - yes I had an initial telephone chat but it was very laid back and informal and have had no contact since
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,618Posts Today

8,020Users online

Martin's Twitter