Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gringobble
    • By gringobble 13th Mar 17, 2:11 PM
    • 19Posts
    • 0Thanks
    gringobble
    MSE: Sort out SKy!!!
    • 13th Mar 17, 2:11 PM
    MSE: Sort out SKy!!! 13th Mar 17 at 2:11 PM
    I'm not the only one who upon trying to get the sky deal gets told by sky that I can't get broadband at my house but would need fibre. At which point the package is nearly £30 a month, no £50 credit and £40 to set up.

Come on, MSE, blag us a better deal for fibre off sky!

Under these circumstances it appears that the amazing £64 a year is nothing but cheap advertising for sky, so please, MSE, prove that it isn't and go back to the table with Sky for us.......
Page 1
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 13th Mar 17, 6:45 PM
    • 8,381 Posts
    • 4,984 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 13th Mar 17, 6:45 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 6:45 PM
    As mentioned in another thread, they may have used up their allocation at your exchange and MSE can do nothing about that. There are other providers, besides Sky and BT taking a share of the exchange cake, so provision is limited.
    • gringobble
    • By gringobble 13th Mar 17, 8:22 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    gringobble
    • 13th Mar 17, 8:22 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 8:22 PM
    So?

Why does that mean MSE can't blag a sky deal on Fibre?

Plus the logic there does not compute: I have broadband and willing to switch so space is not an issue.

cynical advertising ploy
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 13th Mar 17, 9:24 PM
    • 2,563 Posts
    • 18,336 Thanks
    mije1983
    • 13th Mar 17, 9:24 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 9:24 PM
    Originally posted by gringobble

MSE can't force Sky (or any other ISP for that matter) to offer any deal. I think you overestimate the power of MSE! To be fair to Sky, I see more offers on MSE for their products than any other communication based company.

Have you tried directly taking out BB on Sky's website. If you get the same answer then your conspiracy theory would be dead in the water. If on the other hand it says you can get standard broadband, then that would be something to look into.

• Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 13th Mar 17, 9:51 PM
    • 19,566 Posts
    • 9,674 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 13th Mar 17, 9:51 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 9:51 PM

You give the Money Saving Expert site far too much credit. You post that Martin Lewis emoticon like he still has connection to this site. The fact is that he sold it a few years back to Moneysupermarket.

cynical advertising ploy
    On that we can agree. Sky are a business and are not "blagged" into anything that doesn't ultimately make them more money.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,743Posts Today

8,000Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin