Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SLL17
    • By SLL17 13th Mar 17, 1:39 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    SLL17
    County Claim Issued on PCN (Parking & Property Management Ltd)
    • 13th Mar 17, 1:39 PM
    County Claim Issued on PCN (Parking & Property Management Ltd) 13th Mar 17 at 1:39 PM
    Hi All,

Any and all help would be appreciated !
    I've received a PCN whilst parking round the corner from my work. It was issued by Parking & Property Management Ltd who I suppose manage the land. I've tried to read all the previous information but if there's something already written that is pertinent, please sign post me!

Not having read the information on here and following out-of-date advice, I completely ignored all subsequent letters and notices hoping they'd go away...

I was issued with a Claim Form form the County Court [Business Centre, Northampton] on 10th Feb. I replied to get 28 days extra time and now need advice please!

To surmise:
    - I parked on a seemingly public street before a 'private' housing development (no gate etc - just road)
    - I left my car and upon return saw a ticket. A few feet behind my car, across a verge and a pavement there is a sign indicating this is private land and parking etc etc.
    - I want to contest that there's insufficient signage to adequately determine that this is/was legitimately private land, and that as the signs are at least 6 foot away from the road, behind where I parked, and it wasn't marked (i.e. a parking bay that councils use) this is charge is invalid.
    - I want to also contest, but understand from reading other threads that this is tricky, that no contract was entered into (or money lost - there aren't any machines to buy a permit etc)
    - They originally wrote on the notice that they were seeking 100, then Gladstone Solicitors wrote seeking 150 and now they're seeking 151.71 + legal representative's costs (50) and court fee (25.
    - The letter they sent appears to be ok, with pictures of my car etc.
    - I haven't appealed to the IPC (who is their accreditor) or made any contact with them.

I know I shouldn't have ignored but any advice would be helpful!!

Thanks in advance!
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Mar 17, 2:02 PM
    • 38,906 Posts
    • 77,642 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 13th Mar 17, 2:02 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 2:02 PM
    There is a link by bargepole in the NEWBIES thread that tells you the order to do things and how to fill in court forms and when.
    You need to start by acknowledging the claim and saying that you will defend it.

Hopefully one of the more court savvy posters will be along soon, but please start by reading the court guide and other information in the NEWBIES thread about the court stage.

The Parking-Prankster also does a very good cheap guide to court and can be purchased for a few quid from his blogspot.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • SLL17
    • By SLL17 14th Mar 17, 12:58 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SLL17
    • 14th Mar 17, 12:58 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 12:58 PM
    Have done!
    Thanks!
    • Lamilad
    • By Lamilad 14th Mar 17, 3:45 PM
    • 588 Posts
    • 1,214 Thanks
    Lamilad
    • 14th Mar 17, 3:45 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 3:45 PM
    You say you've replied to get the extra 28 days which i take to mean you've done the acknowledgement of service either online via MCOL or by post?

What is the issue date on the N1 claim form?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,396Posts Today

6,282Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin