Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mjsaber
    • By mjsaber 13th Mar 17, 12:25 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    mjsaber
    Hospital staff help
    • 13th Mar 17, 12:25 PM
    Hospital staff help 13th Mar 17 at 12:25 PM
    Hi,

Last year I received some tickets at the hospital which I work at. I admitted to one of them as I was in the wrong and didn't buy a ticket (which I didn't think I needed anyway), but the other I appealed.

I had bought a ticket, but apparently the policy had changed the same week or something like that so the area I parked in was for staff only. I am staff! The sign says staff only! But it means I needed a permit. I bought a ticket which would have been fine there a week before but not when I parked there.

I am unable to get a permit due to how close I live, but I need my car as close to my building as possible because I have to deliver urgent sets of patient notes. This means I NEED it in the staff area, which is always empty on the days I work there anyway so it's not like I'm causing any bother what so ever.

I sent them a letter when I first received the fine explaining what happened, with a copy of the ticket, The next thing I heard, a while later, was a massive £110 outstanding debt letter from them.

I once again sent a letter and requested a reply, I obviously didn't get one, nor did the fine stop. I checked the tracking on the letter and it was signed by someone at the building which they work at, so I know they received it.

I have just been sent a letter from ZZPS saying I owe £170, and I spoke to them explaining the situation, and they said they can't do anything about it other than 'leave a note' and speak to their solicitor.

I have no idea what to do now. I have read the NEWBIE thread and I can't make any sense of it. I have contacted the hospital but I guess it's just a waiting game now.

If anyone can help me out it will be greatly appreciated! I can't believe we live in a world where we have to pay to park in a hospital, whether you are ill or work there.

Sorry if this is explained somewhere else, I have tried to find it as I know it's annoying for things to be repeated, so if it is somewhere else please redirect me.

Thanks guys.
Page 1
    • Dublindel
    • By Dublindel 13th Mar 17, 12:48 PM
    • 392 Posts
    • 365 Thanks
    Dublindel
    • 13th Mar 17, 12:48 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 12:48 PM
    At this point in time I would say ignore letters from ZZPS as they are just debt collectors with absolutely no powers whatsoever. Let us know own if you get further communications, most likely from Wright Hassall solicitors who are also only acting as debt collectors and acting on behalf of ZZPS who cannot action anything.
    • makemesumdosh
    • By makemesumdosh 13th Mar 17, 2:14 PM
    • 258 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    makemesumdosh
    • 13th Mar 17, 2:14 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 2:14 PM
    Perhaps you should speak to your H.R. Department at work. did they notify staff that the policy was changing, were signs displayed in the car parks.
    are you in a trade union (RCN, Unite or Unison) speak to them other members may be of been put in a similar position
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

118Posts Today

2,259Users online

Martin's Twitter