Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Priya07
    • By Priya07 13th Mar 17, 12:51 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Priya07
    Possible multiple private parking tickets
    • 13th Mar 17, 12:51 PM
    Possible multiple private parking tickets 13th Mar 17 at 12:51 PM
    Firstly, I want to apologise if I am posting in the wrong section. I joined a couple days ago and have been desperately trying to find out how to post a new thread!

I recently relieved a parking ticket through the post, by the company Britania, for parking in a private car park for too long. The parking charge is for the 5th Feb 2017 but the letter was sent on 7th March and received on 10th. It says £60 if paid within 14 days and £100 after that but the letter same to me after 30 days! Also the car has been parked there since January so I'm scared I will be receiving multiple tickets.

I would like to know if there is a chance multiple tickets can follow and whether there is a time frame in which they would need to send the notice

There was no ticket left on the car just this one that has come through by post, 30 days later

The ticket was sent to the car owner who was not the one driving at the time

Please help. I have read the newbie forum but I don't know if the same would apply in this situation where there could be more that 1 ticket.

Thank you in advance
    Last edited by Priya07; 13-03-2017 at 4:36 PM.
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Mar 17, 1:13 PM
    • 39,203 Posts
    • 78,329 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 13th Mar 17, 1:13 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 1:13 PM
    Please immediately amend your post to remove any hint about who did what. We only want to know about The Driver and The Keeper who are two different people as far as anyone is concerned.

No, "I parked", or "my car", or anything like that. The scammers read these fora and you should not give away who was driving at any point.

We also need to know the name of the parking company before we can advise further.
    If you didn't see the signs until recently they must have been inadequate.

What did the restaurant say when you complained, or was this somewhere that you shouldn't have parked in the first place. We don't need to know the last bit, but people parking on private property without permission is the reason why these parking scammers exist.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 13th Mar 17, 1:23 PM
    • 2,127 Posts
    • 3,138 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 13th Mar 17, 1:23 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 1:23 PM
    The signs cannot be "clearly displayed" if the driver didn't see them?
    Last edited by fisherjim; 16-03-2017 at 1:38 PM.
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Mar 17, 1:51 PM
    • 39,203 Posts
    • 78,329 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 13th Mar 17, 1:51 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 1:51 PM
    You still need to edit paragraph three as it implies who was parking. We don't need to know who stopped parking but by inference that person might have been the person who was parking when they got the PCN.

Britannia are BPA members so you should send the BPA template in blue from the NEWBIES thread. Do not edit it in any way. Do not miss the appeal deadline.

This has to come from the keeper that received the NTK. It can be sent by someone else with their permission but it has to be done in the registered keeper's name.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 13-03-2017 at 1:55 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • thingamaBob
    • By thingamaBob 13th Mar 17, 2:54 PM
    • 11,615 Posts
    • 764,582 Thanks
    thingamaBob
    • 13th Mar 17, 2:54 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 2:54 PM

Please help. I have read the newbie forum but I don't know if the same would apply in this situation where there could be more that 1 ticket.

Thank you in advance
    Originally posted by Priya07
    If you receive any more tickets, each one will need to be appealed seperately.
    Bob

An inch of time is an inch of gold, but you cannot buy that inch of time with an inch of gold.
    • Priya07
    • By Priya07 16th Mar 17, 1:05 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Priya07
    • 16th Mar 17, 1:05 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 1:05 PM
    I have not received another yet. I am waiting till day 26 to appeal. This is what I read on the newbie thread. Am I correct in doing this ?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Mar 17, 8:54 PM
    • 46,883 Posts
    • 60,192 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th Mar 17, 8:54 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 8:54 PM
    No need to wait.

The 'day 26' delay in appeal is only advised for windscreen PCNs from BPA firms. This is a BPA firm but you have a postal PCN.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

93Posts Today

2,772Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @themiltonjones: Bother. Chucked out of Question Time.

• Hmm I meant getting radical in my last tweet - having googled 'getting rad', I may not be in touch with t'lingo... https://t.co/t538UveBuz

• Dimbleby becomes the Dimblebomb and kicks someone out. Question time getting rad #bbqt

• Follow Martin