Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • --Tony--
    • By --Tony-- 13th Mar 17, 12:31 PM
    • 1,628Posts
    • 1,136Thanks
    --Tony--
    GB energy revised bill
    • 13th Mar 17, 12:31 PM
    GB energy revised bill 13th Mar 17 at 12:31 PM
    I left GB energy (COOP) in January, following their collapse.
    I had not cancelled my direct debit, they did a final bill and took the money and I moved on.

Last week they sent me an email to say they applied the wrong rate to my final bill and I would owe money.

Today They have sent me a bill for the outstanding amount, OK it's only £16 but it was their mistake and I think its a bloody cheek to ask for it!

I you give someone a final bill.... it should be final!

Anyone else had a follow up bill?
Page 1
    • Cardew
    • By Cardew 13th Mar 17, 1:35 PM
    • 26,477 Posts
    • 12,739 Thanks
    Cardew
    • 13th Mar 17, 1:35 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 1:35 PM
    Firms can rectify a mistake, as indeed you can if you overpay.
    • avgjoe
    • By avgjoe 13th Mar 17, 8:31 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    avgjoe
    • 13th Mar 17, 8:31 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 8:31 PM
    Same here, I closed my account back in December and had transferred a few days before GB energy closed down (though they hadn't finalised my bills yet then until December).

On the final phone call to sort out final bill, I even said don't worry about not refunding me ~18 pence from last day that they overcharged me (tariff protection) because that would have meant waiting on the phone for several minutes longer (time is money and all).

Now I also received a revised final bill saying I owe them a grand total of 21 pence.

Just ridiculous!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

896Posts Today

6,767Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's twitter poll: Is your vote already locked in? Have you decided who you will vote for in the General Election?

• RT @gabyhinsliff: When you're so desperate for Frexit to shore up Brexit that you're kind of relaxed about fascism https://t.co/yLmdqNHeHu

• Morning. I'm on my way to @thismorning first for "five ways to put £100s in your pocket" then an open (what I call brown trouser) phone in!

• Follow Martin