Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • loveyourmoney
    • By loveyourmoney 13th Mar 17, 12:25 PM
    • 74Posts
    • 15Thanks
    loveyourmoney
    Various questions re credit report
    • 13th Mar 17, 12:25 PM
    Various questions re credit report 13th Mar 17 at 12:25 PM
    Hi all

My partner has 3 defaults on their credit report which are now all settled. We are financially linked as we live together and have a savings account. How will this affect me if I or as a couple we look to get a mortgage in about 3 years time? I currently have a mortgage on my own.

What does 'unknown' mean on a credit account status on a credit report?

Thanking you!
    In it to win it!
Page 1
    • Chappaz
    • By Chappaz 13th Mar 17, 12:37 PM
    • 130 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    Chappaz
    • 13th Mar 17, 12:37 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 12:37 PM
    The defaults will make it considerably harder to receive a mortgage. Or at the very least, the mortgage you're offered will be far from the best in terms of interest and loan to value.

However, defaults usually fall off 6 years from the date of default, so it really depends how long ago they occurred. What are default dates?

If they happened a while back, then they may fall off before you start mortgage hunting, and then it will be like they were never even there.
    • loveyourmoney
    • By loveyourmoney 13th Mar 17, 8:05 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    loveyourmoney
    • 13th Mar 17, 8:05 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 8:05 PM
    Hi Chappaz

I've just had a look on Noddle and they were:

Barclaycard - Defaults (payment up to 1 month late) in March 2012 & December 2011.

T-Mobile - Default (payment up to 1 month late) in July 2012.

So at worst they will be all be knocked off in July 2018 which is great as we don't need to apply until 2019.

What a relief!
    In it to win it!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,087Posts Today

8,995Users online

Martin's Twitter